Chapter 29

Dylan's POV

"Morning Chloe" I said sitting down next to her. She just hummed as a response and continued to look down at her bowl of porridge. Not eating it just slowly stirring it. "How are you this morning?"

She picked her head up and glanced over at Olivia and Carlos, feeding each other fruit, before turning to look me in the eyes. Her dark blue eyes stared back at my bright blue ones "just peachy" she said in a monotone voice.

I sighed and looked over to the couple. Olivia was laughing as Carlos whispered thing in her ear. I looked back to chloe

"Carlos is an idiot" hey that isn't my voice. Both me and chloe turned round to see Felix. He gave me a curt nod before looking at chloe "he doesn't know that he's missing out on an amazing and beautiful girl like you"

Well looks like felix has found his courage. "You think I'm beautiful?" Chloe asked, her voice strained

Felix looked down at the ground. A small smile fell onto his face then he looked back up at chloe "your the most beautiful, funny and brave girl I've ever met. When ever I see you enter a room my heart stops, my palms sweat and I just can't take my eyes off you"

With that speech Felix walked away leaving both chloe and I speechless. "So... how's the porridge?" I asked trying to start up a conversation.

Chloe quickly put down her bowl "I got to go" she said before walking after Felix. I sighed before looking around camp. Looks like it's just me.

I picked my spoon from my own bowl of porridge and place the sloppy, cold mess into my mouth. I shivered at the bland taste. This won't do for breakfast. I glanced round camp again to see a bow and a quiver of arrows just lying next to one of tree. A smirk grew on my face

*

I crouched low as I watch the boar snuffling round the forest floor. Umbra was in a pounce position next to my feet. Her eyes not leaving her prey.

I steadily brought the bow up and positioned an arrow. With a deep breath I released the arrow making it land in the side of the pig. It made a shrieking noise. Before it could run off umbra pounced. Her canines sinking into the pigs leg as she ravenously tore at the leg.

I stood up and brought out my trusty mini dagger whilst walking to the boar. I knelt down beside it once umbra completely tore the leg off. It was withering in pain and screeching like nobody's business. I brought the dagger to the pigs neck "thank you for your sacrifice" I said before slitting it's throat. I watched as the blood poured all over the floor. Turning the greenery to a crimson red. Umbra lay in the corner tearing at the pig hoof.

Clapping was heard. I looked up to see peter leaning up against a tree, a blank look on his face. "Congratulations! You murdered a pig. Your a true villain now" he sneered

I gave a sarcastic smile "well I'd like to eat something that isn't that disgusting sloppy crap that you call porridge and I murdered a pig because I'm not a huge fan of cannibalism" Peter snorted "where have you been?" I asked him

"Thinking" he replied with a shrug. Well he's likes to think hard considering that he's been gone the whole night. On the plus side I had the bed to myself. Well umbra was there but she just stayed at the bottom. I'd hate to share the bed with her once she's fully grown.

"Just thinking?" I pushed on.

"Do my whereabout really concern you?" He said in a hard voice, a stern eyebrow raised.

I stood up and picked up the dead pig on the floor, then I looked back at peter "no. It doesn't. Just making smalltalk" I replied before walking my way back to camp. I could tell he was right behind me whilst umbra trotted through the trees carrying her stupid pig leg.

"So is this the new you then?" I asked peter "the brooding and gloomy Peter Pan"

"It depends on how long your going to be the bitchy and frivolous Dylan Nap" he called back.

I froze in place and turned to him "frivolous?" Peter put on a smirk "you better mean it as the carefree kind of frivolous and not the having no purpose or value kind. Because I swear to god Pan if your saying I'm of no importance I'm going to ram my my dagger so far up your ass that you'll be throwing it up out of your mouth!"

He chuckled a bit "there's that fire that I love" he placed a hand on my cheek. His thumb stroking it. His deep green eyes pierced through my bright blue ones. It was like I was in a trance. But I quickly got out of it. I took a deep breath and looked down at his hand on my cheek before I stepped back.

"Come back to camp" I said to Peter in an almost emotionless voice "I'm cooking bacon" then I carried on walking.

I heard peter hum behind me. "I do love bacon" he muttered before following behind me again.

Hey guys!

So quick question. How do you guys feel about chloe and Felix being together?