Chapter 40

Peters PoV

I sighed as I sat on my bed just staring at the wall. I don't feel like doing anything anymore.

A knock was heard at my door then Felix poked his head into the room with a sad smile on his face. "Are you going to get up today Peter?"

I looked over at him with a blank look "she's dead Felix" I said in a monotone tone "and I couldn't save her"

Just saying that brought me back to that awful day.

"Pan!" Felix called whilst running into the clearing.

I stood as soon as I saw him, my eyes glared at him "I suppose you aren't a coward after all" I clenched out.

His eyes widened as soon as he stopped a few steps away from me "it's Dylan"

"Yes and you kissed her" I snapped at him whilst pulling out my knife "and I'm gonna kill you for that"

"Wait!" He called out in panic "I've found Dylan, she's lying on the floor and not responding"

My heart suddenly stopped working for a second "what? Bring me to her now!"

With that he turned around and sped off with me following behind him. My heart was pounding so fast I thought it would burst through my chest.

That's when I saw a figure lying on the floor. Her black hair was spread across the forest floor, her skin paler than snow, her beautiful blue eyes hidden behind her eyelids.

"Dylan" I called whilst kneeling down next to her, I shook her gently, she was freezing "Dylan! Felix give me your cloak"

Without a second thought Felix threw me his cloak. I quickly covered her in it.

"There we go all nice and warm" I said whilst tucking her in. I place a strand of dark hair behind her ear "come on Dylan open your beautiful, blue eyes"

She didn't even stir. That's when my concern hit the roof.

With out hesitation I brought my hand to her neck to check for a pulse. There was none. I turned to Felix "we have to do something, a spell or something!"

Felix shook his head "she's dead peter no magic can change that"

I felt the tears escape my eyes, "no!" I yelled

Then I turned to Dylan's non-responsive body "no!"

My head collapsed onto her stomach "no" I choked out in a whisper.

"You need to get out of here sometime Peter everyone is still freaking out about the islands merging together" Felix said in a concerned manner.

Yep the islands merged together as one big island as soon as Blackbeard's ship left the realm, the worst part is I now can't avenge her death because I cant get to her killer.

"I don't give a rats ass about the islands merging together! It didn't hurt anyone did it!" I screamed at him.

He looked down for a second "Okay you don't have to say anything to them I'll sort it out just" He sighed "say goodbye to her"