Chapter 27

Dylan's POV

"Feel free to set up your tents around the fire!" Peter called to his 'guests'. The surviving lost girls and Indians obeyed and started to set up for the night.

I sat down on a nearby log, umbra on my lap sleeping, and started to angrily draw into the ground with a stick. I was biting my lip so hard that I could soon taste the horrible, metallic taste of blood.

"Penny for your thought?" Chloe asked sitting next to me.

I looked up at her "homicide" I said blankly before looking back down and continued my scribbling.

"Dark thought" she mumbled "we'll get her back"

I snorted "you clearly have never heard of Blackbeard, let alone met him or even worse been sired by him" I grumbled the last part. Picking up on my foul mood, umbra quietly started growling.

"Blackbeard is your dad?" Chloe asked in shock

"Father" I corrected "there's a difference. Most people on the island know that"

"Not me. I loved my dad until his last breath" Chloe sighed, folding her arms over her chest, looking round the camp.

"then I guess some people are lucky" I looked back up at her "why are you with me and not him?" I asked nodding my head over to where Carlos was sitting talking to Felix.

"Because your my friend and your going through shit that I thought wouldn't happen to the worst of people. That's why" she shrugged

"The worst of people" I mimicked "I am the worst of people"

"Actually your the second" Chloe said. I gave her a confused face

"Hey! Not too close to the fire! I swear you were raised by wolves!" She gave a knowing look

"That's what you mean" I said looking over at Peter. I tilted my head to the side "yeah you're right there"

Peter then looked over to me and winked. I gave him the bird then looked back to Chloe. "What do you think Blackbeard is doing to Annie?" Chloe asked me

"Doing what he has always done.... beat her" I replied bitterly, focusing my vision on the burning fire.

"Dylan!" I looked up to see mortem on the other side of the fire nodding his head for me to follow him.

"I gotta go" I said to Chloe standing up, after placing umbra down, then walking away before she could reply. I followed him outside of camp and to a small stream.

"What do you want?" I asked him blankly, folding my arms over my chest.

"To reason with you.... well more like your father does"

"Your talking to that piece of scum!" I snapped at him

"On the contrary I'm started talking to him" the raspy voice of my father said behind me. I quickly grabbed my dagger Peter gave me and pinned him to the tree.

"Where's Annie!" I screamed in his face.

He laughed "is that how you treat your dear, old dad?"

"Father!" I snapped "there's a difference"

He rolled his eyes "so I heard"

My glare hardened "have you been spying on me?"

"No I have" mortem called behind me, I rolled my eyes and turned to him

"Of course you have. Your practically camping in my frontal lobe" I exclaimed. Then I turned back to Blackbeard "you couldn't just leave well enough alone. What do you want?"

"To talk to my daughter. To tell her the deal I'm willing to strike with her" he replied

I gritted my teeth "go on"

"Maybe take the dagger off my throat and then I'll tell you " he said eying the blade.

I huffed and took it off his throat "what?"

"I'm willing to exchange Annie's death for yours" he said

My eyes widened. The hell! " why would you do that?" I asked

"Well let's just say that my quarrel isn't with that weak, sappy excuse of a daughter.  My real quarrel is with you. The stain that won't go"  he shrugged "i mean killing Annie is child play compared to the legendary Dylan Nap"

"Well that name is slowly fading as it is" I mumbled

"Oh I know all about that little curse Pan put on you. Why'd do you think I chose this moment to arrive?" He tilted his head to the side. Mocking me "Because your at your weakest. Your powerless, in pain and only have a small dagger as protection"

"But still I can do so much with a small dagger" I replied

He chuckled "don't I know it"

"What I accept your deal? I can't just leave now" I replied.

"I'm giving you three days to sneak off and onto my ship then I'll let Annie go free" he proposed

"And you promise not to hurt her?" I asked

He placed his hand on his heart "I give you my word" then he walked away from the clearing, back into the forest.

"Are you still here?" I called over my shoulder.

Mortem chuckled darkly "I wouldn't want miss a father- daughter fight now would I"

"Of course you wouldn't" I muttered walking off.

"Hey Dylan!" Mortem called.

I groaned and turned back to him "what now Mortem?"

He smirked "You have three days left"