Chapter 31

Contains mild sexual content
Dylan's POV

"So this is how you spend your last two days alive?" Mortem asked appearing out of nowhere "playing chess by yourself?"

I looked up at him "I'm just going over the strategies. If you think about it everything that's going on at the moment is like a giant chess game. The pawns the lost boys, girls and Indians. A quarter of them killed by Blackbeard" I took off two black pawns and popped them on the side.

"The rooks. The barrier around the island. He somehow got through that" I took the rooks off the board. "The knights. The most trained fighters of our three groups. One includes Annie when she isn't acting like a pansy" I put one black knight behind the whites.

"Chloe and carlos are the bishops. As they are second in line with the king and queen. They are both mine and pans current second in commands" I muttered the last part. Apparently Mortem heard anyway as he laughed.

"Your referring To you and Pan as the king and queen?" He bellowed in laughter.

I rolled my eyes "they are the only pieces left. The king is useless without the queen. I mean if peters island didn't show up on my shore Peter would have died from not kissing me. I on the other hand won't die I just won't be immortal And I could live with that. You see what I mean. Without the queen the king is vulnerable"

"Interesting" Mortem mumbled "so your finally accepting Pan?"

I huffed "I wasn't saying that" I turned the board over so the whites were facing me and took out two white pawns.

"Oh come on admit it your starting to get feelings for him. I mean I know you felt something when you kissed him and I felt your jealousy when hearing about Jane Darling. Let's not forget that I'm in your head now" he chuckled darkly.

I stopped what I was doing and stared at the wall in front of me before turning to the smirking figment of my imagination or whatever the hell he is "fuck....off" I gritted out

The smirk disappeared and a scowl replaced it. All of a sudden  a searing pain happened in my head. I clutched my head in pain and screamed extremely loud.  The chess board went flying into the wall and a couple of glass ornaments that peter had in his room shattered.

"Stop being so rude Dylan" Mortem scowled, tilting his head to the side.

The pain intensified but I was fuelled with a load of anger and adrenaline. My eyes glared holes into Mortem. The curtains started to shake and the open doors started to slam and open themselves. The lights started to flicker. I took my hands off my head and stood up. Not caring about the pain in my head.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. And that's when chaos happened. The doors flew off there hinges, the curtains ripped off the poles, the lights exploded, furniture flew around the room. I closed my eyes and screamed again. It was quiet compared to the noise the furniture was making as it smashed and crashed against the wall and each other.

The pain in my head suddenly stopped and so did the noise. I took a deep breath before opening my eyes. Mortem had left and the only thing left in this room was chaos. Absolute chaos.

I heard a stomping noise and peter appeared in the doorless doorway. His face was red and puffy, probably from running all the way here. When he saw me he sighed in relief. "What happened? Are you alright?" He asked walking over to me and looking me up and down. I just simply nodded.

"Oh thank god" he sighed before hugging me. I froze for a couple of seconds before slowly wrapping my arms around him and giving him a small pat on the back.

"I'm fine peter" I muttered pulling away from him and hugging myself. I watched as his green eyes sparkled and a small grin spread on his lips. His electric lips. I shook my head and looked up at him "what?"

"You called me peter" he said happily.

I tilted my head to the side "it is your name"

"Yeah but you always call me Pan why now have you decided to call me peter?" He asked scrunching his eyebrows together in confusion.

"I don't know I just started to" I shrugged innocently

"That makes me happy" he said grinning like a mad man.

I gave a nervous chuckle "that's cool and all" I said awkwardly. Turns out he's happy in more than just his face.

He gave me a confused look before saw me gesturing down. Once he looked back up his eyes were wide open and his cheeks were so red that you would think that he's a dagger put in a fire.

"I ..... um..... I " that's all he said before running out of the room. I had to suppress the giggles coming out of my mouth but it wouldn't happen as I was literally on the floor laughing like a hyena. "That isn't helping!" Peter screamed from his bedroom.

I couldn't help but laugh more. Tears were streaming down my face by this point. "H-how in all realms d-did you grow that?!"

"Maybe it's the fact you called me by my name!" He shouted annoyance in his voice now. "Look can you please go away now your not really helping the situation!"

I took a deep breath and stood up "okay okay I'm leaving!"

"Thank you" I heard him say.

I sighed and started to walk over the havoc I had created. Once I got to the front door I turned back around "see you later peter!" I shouted before running out and slamming the door behind me.

I heard a small smash followed by a "God damnit woman!" Which only made me laugh more as I climbed down the ladder