Chapter 39

Dylan's PoV

I glanced up at the sea from my view up top of a tree. Sunset I should start heading to the docked pirate ship.

Sighing I made my way down from the tree and landed next to where umbra was lying. I gave her a couple strokes before walking off. I could hear her following behind me.

I stopped and turned around to face my wolf pup who was the size of an average wolf at this point. I kissed the top of her head.

"Stay" I said in a gentle tone. She obediently sat down but not before giving me a whimper, telling me she can sense my distress.

I gave her a grim smile before turning back around and continuing my walk to the beach. I clutched the dagger closer to my side the same way Jane did.

Taking a deep breath I took my first step onto the sand. Here goes nothing. A pirate noticed me as soon as I emerged from the forest terrain.

A bunch of them ran to the top of the ship to watch me walk over to their ship. Once I reached the ship a string ladder was dropped down for me.

As soon as got to the top I jumped over the boats side and onto the deck. All the pirates took as step back.

"Where's Blackbeard?" I called out "tell the coward to show himself!"

"Well that was a nice thing to say" I heard him say, I turned to my left to see him walk down the steps. "You're early. Are you eager to get this over with or something?"

"Shut up" I snapped. Clenching my jaw.

Blackbeard sighed "well I guess now that you're here we should get more aquatinted." He chuckled "I'm saying that like we've just met when in fact it's over a couple hundred years reunion"

"236 years" I snapped "236 years since you killed your son"

He mock smile lowered for a second. Looks like I struck a nerve. "Why don't we go to my cabin we have much to discuss"

I held my chin high and gave him a hard look "after you"

He chuckled "right this way"

*

As soon as the door was closed he went straight for the liquor cabinet.

"Bourbon?" He asked, I simply raised a brow at him. He sighed " I'll take that as a yes"

He then placed to cups on his desk and sat down at one end "sit" he commanded.

I scoffed and sat on the seat the other side of the desk. As soon as he saw I sat he hummed to himself and chugged down his drink.

"Do you regret it?" I asked. He looked at me with a confused face "killing William"

His eyes hardened "Do you regret leaving Annie?"

"I wouldn't of had to if someone took care of his family and supported his dying wife and maybe not kill his son" I snapped.

"Here we go!" He exclaimed throwing his hands into the air "the blame game!"

"Just answer the question" I snapped whilst leaning forward my hands found the table "Do you regret killing William?"

He sighed "every night. I close my eyes and the first thing I see is his lifeless eyes staring back at me. The only great thing in my life is gone. The only things I have left are two useless daughters"

"We're not useless" I snapped "I lead a powerful army of strong independent girls and Annie was able to survive a whole year by herself in the enchanted forest, where there are lots of murderous things around"

"One only has one hand and the other is dying from a curse that a boy who loves her cast" he said whilst giving me an annoyed face

I rolled my eyes "so are you going to kill me or what? As much I really like this conversation I wanna get it over with" I said with sarcasm dripping out of every word.

"Okay then" he pulled a necklace off his neck, it was just a string with a key on the end. He brought it over to a desk draw "I have something extra special for you"

My eyes glared at his ones that showed mischief. Then he opened the draw

Annie's PoV

I huddled closer to the wall, trying to stay warm and alive. But at the same time I couldn't stop shaking at the pain in my arm from Blackbeard cutting off my hand. As soon as he did that he poured salt water onto it.

I jumped in fright when my cell door was opened and Blackbeard walked in. He held a giant smirk on his face.

"You're free to go" he announced with happiness And from what I could tell he was drunk.

"Dylan?" I asked

He gave a small chuckle "payed her end of the deal"

My face paled and my heart sped up "what do you mean? She not..." I couldn't say the last word.

"Dead!" Blackbeard bellowed in laughter "after so many years the useless scum is dead"

I felt tears gather in my eyes. "I want to see her"

"My crew dropped her off at the outskirts of camp this will break Peter pans heart. I suggest you get off my ship before you want to end up just like her"

I slowly stood up and walked out of the cell not turning back once to see Blackbeard. My father and the killer of my brother and sister.