Chapter 18

Dylans pov

It looks like I'm in some round tent. To the side of my bed i see a bedside table with a few pots with herbs inside and an essence stick burning out. The bed and the table seem like the only furniture in here. The bed itself was made out of sticks and the blankets were animal fur.

I pulled the blanket off me to see i was still in the damn wedding dress. I hesitantly put my foot on the floor and then the other so I was still sitting on the bed. Just before I could stand up a girl walked in.  She had dark brown eyes and long black hair that hung in two braids on her shoulders. This complimented her olive skin and she also looked about 5 foot 7. She was also wearing a short dress made of animal skin.

When she saw me awake she smiled and walked towards me. When she was right in front of me she got onto her knees and sat in front of me. "Im glad you're awake. How are you feeling?" She asked

"Honest answer?" I asked. She nodded." Like a demon kidnapped my sister, tried to force me into wedlock then cursed me but other than that I'm over the fucking moon" I said and fell back on the bed groaning. The girl started giggling. I lifted up my head and gave her a glare but it only made her laugh more.

"Im sorry. But I imagined your waking up reaction to be different" she explained sobering up.

" like what?"

" like the screaming girl outside. Annie I believe" I pulled myself up more

"She's here?"

The girl nodded " yes she came with felix, Carlos and a bunch of other girls. It been a bit cramped in camp for a few days"

"A few days, how long was i out?" I asked while fully pulling myself up.

She looked me straight in the eye before saying " a week"

" a week!" I shouted and stood up. She did as well and tried to stop me barging out the room but still failed. As soon as i was outside i was hit with the sun blinding my eyes but I quickly adjusted to it.

I looked round to see round tents circled round a big camp fire. Round the camp fire were a bunch of people jumping round to the beat of a drum. Some had feathers on their heads.

"This is our camp." The girl said walking near me "this is the one place we are safe from pan"

"Dylan!" A voice from my right shouted. I turned to see felix jog over and hug me. "Someone's back to the land of the living" I chuckled. then we broke out of our hug.

"Good to be back"

"I see you meet tigerlily. She been looking after you since we came here" I looked over at tigerlily to see her looking down at the ground with a blush on her cheeks. Weird.

Before I could say anything there was a loud grumbling noise. Both tigerlily and felix looked at me. "Sorry. I just haven't had a proper meal in nearly two weeks"

They both looked at each other and started laughing. " there's some left over hog at the other end of the campfire help yourself " tigerlily said and walked off. So me and felix went off to get food.

*

Me and felix were sat talking on a log near the fire.

"I just don't see why he's going through all this trouble for me. There has to be a good reason" i said and took a sip of my spicebush tea. It's apparently made from boiling passion fruit and honey locust pods in hot water.

"Yeah"  felix said while taking a sip of his own drink.

"Has anything else happened since I've been out?" I asked biting my lip

"Well pan is really annoyed with my replacement over there" felix said nodding his head in the direction of Carlos who was busy talking with chloe. " oh and somehow there's a barrier around the island. No one can leave. And the funny thing is it wasn't pan"

"How'd you know that?"

"Well it was quite funny watching pan fly into a tree whilst trying to jump into a row boat to go to the freedom isles. But then he realised that if he couldn't leave that you couldn't. So he has search party's looking for this place"

" he doesn't know where this is?"

Felix shook his head and placed his now empty cup on the floor " the Indians worship the spirits and because of this the spirits protect them. They've kept this place hidden for centuries"

"Wow" i said while placing my cup on the floor "maybe I should start worshipping the spirits" I patted my dress down.

" not only do they worship the spirits. they also tend to the wildlife on the island. I heard that they helped deliver direwolf  pups a few weeks ago"

"Direwolves wow"

Direwolves are basically giant wolves with sharper teeth and claws. I heard that the wolf chooses its owner and will always stay by that persons side and if that person dies the wolf will turn rouge and kill anything in its path. It's fascinating.

"Right enough small talk. We need a go to sleep now because we got an early morning ahead of us. The Indians have kindly allowed you to sleep in the tent you woke up in" felix said and started to walk off. "Oh and Tigerlily left you some clothes on the bed. Wedding dresses should only worn for a day not a week" then he walked off.

*

I looked at my reflection in the mirror that tigerlily brought in. I looked different. My skin looked extremely pale and my once bright eyes looked dull and lifeless. But this is how I've seen myself since my mum died so nothing's different.

"Oh but it is" a sickly voice rang through my ears. I turned round to see nothing there. Oh well. I turned back around to the mirror and almost screamed. Instead of me i saw tall man wearing a black cloak and hood. His face was sickly white and his mouth was a blue colour. But what creeped me out the most was his eyes. They were pitch black where the white should be and his iris was blood red. "You got fourteen days dylan nap"