Prologue.

Sitting on the bench near the play ground. The little boy continuously glanced at his friends playing merrily at a far away distance without even caring to look at him.
Friends....
How could he call them that? He was no longer a friend to them thanks to the ugly burnt scar on his face. He had knitted the fact that now no one really cares for him except his family. He doesn't have any friends. Now he's just a loner.
He looked away realising the fact and continued eating his food till....

"May I come in, sir!" He heard someone knocking at the other side of his cabin door, bringing him back to present reality.

"Yes." He bluntly replied permitting her to enter his office.

She quietly stepped inside his cabin, facing the back of her future boss.

But he didn't appoint her yet then how can she think him as one?

Before she could utter something, he turned to look at her.

"You." They both spoke at the same time startling each other.

"Ms.... Umm... What's your name again?" He quirked his brows at her.

How could he forget her name? It's only been two days to all that drama.

He cleared his throat breaking her chain of thoughts

"I asked you, your name." He repeated the same line.

"Ambar. Ambar Sahay." She quickly replied.

Sahay! Ofcourse, the surname which held so much of importance for him till a day before yesterday. How could he forget that?

"Why are you here, Ms. Ambar? Are you rethinking about your decision?" He smirked.

She shook her head while fidgeting her fingers. Her nervousness didn't go unnoticed by him.

"I am here for the job." She mumbled looking everywhere except him.

"Mr. Mittal asked me to meet you." She added.

"So you know what kind of job, you're been interviewed for?" He asked her buttoning his collar.

"I'm ready for any kind of job." She simply answered his question.

'That's it. It hit it correctly. She doesn't have any idea then and anyway, I'll just get what I want.' He laughed mentally.

"I think you should have at least enquired about your job description." He said shaking his head.

"I. I desperately..... need a.... job." She stammered.

"Okay... so what kind of experience do you've with kids?" She got confused with his question.

"Sorry. May I beg your pardon."

"Ms. Ambar, there's no vacancy for any post here." He lied, confusing her again.

'Mr. Mittal told me about an empty post.' She recollected.

"But then what about this interview?" She queried.

"I want a babysitter for my boy." He emphasised on the last two words.

She gulped.

'His boy. He has a kid?
How could he expect me to marry him without letting me know such an important detail?
Did Dida knew about this? Is this the reason she ran away?'

"Down to earth, Ms. Ambar." His voice again interrupted her thoughts.

"So are you willing to do this job?" He asked her.

'Should I back out...
How will I babysit his boy when I've no experience to handle kids but there's no other option and I need this job.'

"Yes." She let out a sigh.

"Good, tomorrow 9 am sharp at my house, clearly you must be remembering the address, right?" He spoke sarcastically.

"Yeah... Okay... Thank you." She nodded and turned to leave.

"Miss Ambar... I'll appreciate if you come on time as I don't like late comers. Especially my employees."

"Yes..I'll be on Time... Mr. Grumpy... I mean Mr. Nakul ... I mean sir." She walked out embarrassed without looking back at him, mentally scolding herself for voicing out the name, she had just given him. While he stood uprooted to his place, amused at what she had just blurted out.

_________________________________
So I am back with another story.

Please tell me did you like the prologue?

Thanks for reading
♡♥♡