Chapter 53-Sentiments.

Ambar glanced at her sister who appeared completely zoned out in the car on their way back to the mansion.

Her eyebrows were furrowed and her forehead was creased with lines.

Ambar wanted to know everything from her but Aakash had already directed her focus towards him as he continued to exhilarate his excitement of having a new friend even before the start of his school .

As the car abruptly halted in the front of the mansion, Amrita recuperated herself and exited the car quietly without wasting any time.

Ambar helped Aakash to get down and followed her inside.

"Dida?" She called out.

"Yes." Amrita spun around and plastered a fake smile.

"Are you okay?" She asked out in concern.

"I am, Amy... I just need some time. I'll check Mr. Suri." She replied and hurried upstairs, barging into his room.

Once she got inside, she closed the door with a thud and locked it.

Her mind couldn't stop thinking what had happened earlier.

"Amrita! My daughter." Vinay feebly whispered.

"Dad!" Tears sprang out of her eyes, "Are you alright?"

"Now, I am." He replied.

"I'm really very sorry, Dad." She cried, hiding her face on his right hand and she felt his other hand on her head.

"Please, don't cry dear. It pains me to see you like this." He told her, pouring all his emotions in the words.
She still rested her head on his palms as her tears didn't stop to flow.

"I should be the one who must apologise for everything. I was blind with the guilt of losing my child-" He paused. "-but I failed to see that I still had you and Ambar to care for." He said and she immediately lifted her head to see his eyes moist with tears as well, "I'm sorry, dear." He repeated.

"Child?" She couldn't fathom what was he referring to.

"Your brother..." He answered and briefed her everything about the blunders and all the mistakes which he had committed in his entire life.

She patiently perceived what he had to say till he finally finished.
Both of them were emotionally wrecked.
It came out as a shock to listen him confess his misdeeds.

For a daughter, her father stands out as a flawless man and Amrita was not an exception to have such beliefs.

She had always been closer to him rather than her mother and had even motivated herself to become like him one day. Though she also knew about his least expressive demeanor but nonetheless, she knew that he loved her in the way, she did.

"I'm sorry." He coughed and she quickly poured out some water in the glass and made him sip it.

"I should have been there for you... For my daughter but I couldn't and it stabs my gut whenever I think about my botched up mess which made you suffer because of me... I don't even deserve to be forgiven by anyone of you." He sniffed and she sobbed with him.

"Dad! Please...". She wiped his face, "You're my dad... and I can't see you like this." She mumbled.

"Neither can I... I'm very grateful that you came to meet me and I was finally able to see you... There was not a single day when I didn't miss you.... I was really frightened after you ran away but ... it was my mistake. I shouldn't have forced you against your will.." She smiled at him.