Chapter 14-Welcome.

"Dida! Am I looking like a tent?" Ambar looked herself in the mirror.
"Maybe I shouldn't come tonight but I don't want Uncle and Auntie to get mad at me again so I think, it's alright for me to wear this." She kept on blabbering due to anxiety and excitement.

"Oh God! I don't have any matching accessories with this dress. Dida! could you lend me one of yours?" She quickly turned to Amrita who was quite gloomy and zoned out.

"Dida. Dida, are you even listening?" She swapped her fingers bringing her cousin out of her reverie.

"What? What were you saying?" Amrita faked smile.

"Dida! You don't look happy.  That reminds me that I had to ask you something about last night?" She recalled.

"What? What ab.. about.... the las... last night." Amrita stuttered whilst avoiding an eye contact.

"Dida, when I was back home, late last night. I saw your phone broken on the floor.. not just that you were also crying before falling asleep. I saw your face covered in tears. Please tell me, what exactly happened?" Ambar holded Amrita's hand as she asked her for an explanation.

"Nothing happened, Ambar." Amrita lied.

"Dida, I know there's something wrong. Please tell me. Anything, which you want to share with me." She implored.

"Can I come in?" Interrupted Sandhya who was standing at the door.

"Oh look at you. You look so lovely, Ambar. It doesn't even look tight." She came forward and examined her niece.

"Thank you Chachi. I mean Auntie." Ambar offered a genuine smile while she faked it on the other hand.

"Amrita.. Take this." Sandhya offered another paper bag to Amrita.

"I don't need this. I've my own accessories to wear." She sounded cold.

"That's not something which I don't know but I want you to wear this as you'll look more beautiful and radiant in this Tiffany & Co's fine piece of jewellery rather than this old and ugly pendant that you always keep on wearing." She smiled while Ambar's face faltered.

"I'm not going to remove this which means I'm not wearing that piece." Amrita muttered being more adamant.

"Dida! I think you should wear it. After all, it's Tiffany & Co." Ambar piped in.

"Yeah. Atleast, listen to your little sister." Amrita rolled her eyes but then started smiling wickedly.

"Amy, I want you to wear this." She snatched the bag and handed it to Ambar whose eyes grew bigger while Sandhya gasped.

"Mom, you don't have a problem with it, do you?" She smirked.

Sandhya fisted her palm in agony knowing well that her daughter is playing hard to get on her nerves.

"Not at all. Dear. I brought it for my daughter.
Ambar, you can wear it." She gave her a tight lipped smile.

"Thank you, Auntie." Ambar delightfully thanked her.

"Chachi is also fine. Ambar, Could you get me a glass of water?"  Sandhya asked.

"Sure, Auntie. I mean Chachi." Ambar lifted up the jug on the side table to pour some water in the glass.

"Ambar! Chilled please." Interrupted Sandhya while she nodded and left them alone in the room.

"Amrita! I know what you're doing."

"What am I doing?" Amrita fluttered her eye lashes.

"Don't try to act smart. We're not doing this for us only. We're doing this for you. Don't make this, more harder." She hissed at her daughter.