Chapter 51-A Sunk in Gloom.

"Hey. You're back, good... I cooked lunch for all of us." Amrita exclaimed eyeing Ambar as they halted by the doors.

"I'd have love to but I need to get back to the office." Nakul muttered, excusing himself.

"Can't you stay for some time? I made butter chicken too. Don't you like it?"

Nakul's eyes darted to Ambar who still looked a bit shaken.
She needed to be relaxed.

"Okay! I'll leave after lunch." He replied and Ambar smiled at him.

"Amy, what's wrong?" Amrita came forward.

"Nope. Nothing. Where's Aakash?" She changed the topic.

"Actually, he's upset. So, I thought to cheer him up by preparing his favourite meal items which is your favourite too." Amrita had a pleasant smile on her face. She looked so elated, so calm and Ambar didn't had the heart to blew any of it away, so she decided to stay silent. At least till tomorrow.

"Ambar! Ambar, where are you lost? I told you to wash your hands." She nudged her.

"Yes. In a minute." She mumbled before walking towards the washbasin.

Meanwhile Amrita had set the dining table herself and she served each one of them who were already settled on their seats .

Aakash was still doleful after acknowledging Ambar's plans.
He didn't want her to go.
She was his only best friend and nobody could ever replace her.

His eyes were pleading as he looked at her. Ambar smiled at him but he didn't.

"Aakash! See... All your favourites on the table." Nakul tried to cheer him up.

"Amy's favourites too." The boy uttered.

"Yes kiddo. Let's dig in!" Ambar chimed before picking up the fork.

"Why do you have to go?" Aakash groused and she released the fork from her grip.

She masked her emotions before letting out a false smile.
She was already expecting this. She braced herself and finally answered his question.

"I have to. Just like yours even my vacations will get over." She replied calmly.

"Amy! I don't want you to go. Not that far away... Please..." Aakash was on the verge of tears. Ambar instantly strode up to him and propped him in her arms.

The site of him holding her closely melted their hearts.
Their relationship was nothing like a mother and child's but whatever it was... it seemed beautiful and was much beyond that.

"I can never go away from you kiddo! Yes, I've to leave for now but I'll be back soon... and you can call me everyday and tell me about your day and those new friends of yours which you'll make soon. And when you'll be at home, you would have your chachu, your Amrita maa and most importantly your ... dad." She hiccuped as he got clung to her chest.

"But I'll miss you Amy." He whimpered.

"I'll miss you too.. Aakash." She planted a soft peck on his forehead and wiped her tears.

Only four days were left and by each passing minute, her heart was constricting with pain of separation.

She was leaving behind her whole life here. The one she always dreamt about and which she finally had now. Being surrounded by the people who loved her just like a family.
She calmed herself and made him sit on her lap.

"Come on! Good boy, now open your mouth. I'll feed you." She digged the fork in the plate before nearing it to his lips and he did what she asked him to do.