Chapter 4-Bickering Brawls.

"Hello, This is for you." The girl offered him a big bar of chocolate. He was surprised that she offered him something which he used to distribute once among his friends or no longer his friends.
"Thank you." He smiled meekly and shifted a bit to let her have some seat. He noticed her appearance.
She looked different today in the sky blue dress, she was wearing. Beautiful yet different. His eyes shifted to her neck.
"Hey, that's pretty but I never saw you wear it before." He said looking at the shiny object.
The girl smiled glancing at it.
"Yeah. It's my birthday today so my parents gifted me this pendant today." She pointed towards the 'shiny peacock colour A letter pendant' around her neck.
"Oh it's your birthday, I am so sorry. How silly of me? I didn't even think about the reason when you gave me that chocolate." He said and she chuckled at his reaction.
"It's okay beside you didn't even know so..."
"Yeah but if I had some idea about it then I would've atleast prepared for a gift." He shook his head in disappointment.
"Hey, don't be sad. There are more birthdays to come." She cheered him up while he nodded.
He was really happy that at least he had that one friend who would always be with him without caring what the other kids would think about her.
He smiled more and broke the chocolate bar into two equal halves. He gave her one and both started eating it quietly.

"Mister, what's your name?" She asked, snapping him out.

Nakul looked up and blinked his eyes twice.

"Sorry?"

"I asked you, your name?" Amrita repeated her sentence again.

"Nakul Suri." He mumbled looking everywhere except her.

"Mr. Suri, you're clearly avoiding your health a lot. I advice you to take these medicines but only after having your meals. Take this for three days and you'll be fine.." She said while he bobbed his head slightly, taking the piece of prescription from her hand.

"Err. Thank you."

"You're welcome. You may leave now. Take care."

"Okay." He whispered slowly and walked out.

"What a weird man!" Amrita shrugged her shoulder as soon as he left.

'Stop it Nakul... There are so many people out there who might be wearing those same kind of pendants around their neck. This is just a coincidence.' He mentally scolded himself.

"But her surname is also Sahay and this can't be a coincidence." He muttered holding his head.
Nakul sprinted towards his car and got inside it before the rain started pouring.

His eyes landed on the two children who were merrily dancing in the rain. It reminded him the time, he had gone through. Indeed that phase of his life was the hardest time for him and his family but there were streaks of good memories too in it. One of them was her.

A slight smile appeared on his face but it faded as soon as he heard his phone ringing.

He didn't have time for this.
He had a lot of other important things to think about. The business, his brother's condition and also about his mother's decision of taking Aakash away from him.

He couldn't have let that happen ever.

He fished out the phone from his pocket and answered the call.

"Yes, I'm coming." He said and hung up.

He glanced at those kids for the last time and drove off, igniting the car engine.

------------------------------

Amrita had a very long day at the hospital. After attending that strange man, She had a countless encounters with numerous patients.