Chapter 50-Subdued.

His voice had raised a panic alarm in Nakul's gut.

Not again! He hurtled into the room to see Aakash by his brother's bed.

"Dadda! Why aren't you talking to me? Did I do anything wrong? Sorry Dadda, Please talk to me." He implored.

Nakul's eyes shifted to his brother's face. His big shot!

He was awake. Actually awake.
Tears spilled out in a friction of a second.

Mayank was gawking at them. He wanted to speak but he had lost his voice somewhere, his ability to respond.

His son! Watching him cry broke his heart.
His eyes next landed on the two women whom he failed recognise.

Who were they?
Although, he had met one of them earlier. She was the first person whom he had seen after he had his eyes opened.

He presumed her to be a doctor from the way she was treating him earlier.

His gaze then travelled to his loving brother who now had a huge smile tugged on his face along with tears streaming down his cheeks.
Always the soft hearted one!

His eyes scanned everywhere to find the one person he desperately longed to see

His wife, his Shikha.
Where was she?

Even his mother. As far as he remembered, she was here for few days.
Did she go back?
He wanted to ask Nakul but he couldn't.
Why wasn't he able to move or talk?

What had happened? The last thing he remembered was about his wife telling him the news of her pregnancy.

Suddenly the blur image of accident flashed in his brain
and his head blasted allowing the darkness to consume him once again.

"Bhai!" Nakul shouted in fear before turning his head to Amrita.

"What happened to him?" He asked. His voice a little shaky.

Amrita quickly stepped forward to examine him. She observed his slight movements and grunts.

"He's fine. He's just passed out." She told him and he sighed in relief.

"Why wasn't he talking to me, chachu?" Aakash queried, his head raised up to see his uncle.

"He's tired, Aakash! Give him some time. Your Dadda will start talking to you soon." Ambar chirped in.

"Really Amy?"

"Yes." She ruffled his hair, offering a huge smile and he returned it with another big one.

"Come, I'll make you some breakfast." She held his hand and strolled out.

Once they were gone, Amrita turned to Nakul who looked confused.

"I won't lie to you, Nakul.
Mr. Suri is indeed out of his vegetative state but he's not completely healed. Patients require time to adjust to their normal life. His brain and reflexes are slow but with time, they'll pick up their pace. I suggest you to take him to the hospital again for a final scan to find if he has any sort of seizures in his brain. The reports will give us a clear idea." She spoke and he nodded before gyrating his steps to leave.

"Nakul?" She called his name and he turned around.

"Thank you." She said for what he did for her and he nodded, just offering a small smile.

Once he reached the dining room, he saw Ambar feeding Aakash some pancake.

"Hey!" He greeted before plunging on the chair.