Chapter 21-Mr. Grumpy.

She sighed after disconnecting the call.
Vashisht had lectured for more over two hour about each and everything regarding her job before boarding his flight to New York.

He had provided her the list of firms who were hiring new recruits.

She had processed through each and every company's details and the job package, they offered.

She chose to wear a blue blouse, pairing up with a black skirt that ended just below her knees.
Make up was something which she loved to keep minimal.
She tied her hair into a high ponytail
Lastly, she wore her lucky pendant before completing her formal look.

Stuffing her bag with few of her certificates and dozens of her resumes copies, she moved out of her house, locking the door.

She also ran into Rachana once again who was buying vegetables from the nearby vendor.

They exchanged pleasantries before parting ways.

Ambar was nervous but only because of one thing.

Rejection.
The term nobody ever likes.
Whether it's for scholarship, job, companionship or for some other purpose.

Ambar was in the same boat of rebuffs as all her interviews went from bad to worse. With no experience and a mediocre qualification, all the firms that she went to rejected her.
The little amount of self confidence in her was lost too.
Opening her notebook once again, she mentally noted down the address of her next and final hope of getting a job in her brain.

------------------------------

His mother had boarded the plane. Driver had dropped Aakash to his office following his orders so that the boy doesn't create any nuisance for the nurse who's been looking after his dad.

Aakash was waiting in the next room, playing video games on the computer while one of his employee was in charge of keeping an eye on him.

It was a tough day to manage all the interviews together but Nakul needed fresh recruits who could form a new team and work under him.
Mr. Mittal was at his best help.

Nakul was longing for a break as he wanted to go and play with his small shot but he just couldn't. He was well aware that Aakash won't let him go back to work once he spots his Chachu in the room.

The boy was too hard to handle by anyone.
He definitely needed an easygoing babysitter but Nakul couldn't find any time between these interviews to look for one.

For a moment he thought, If the marriage thing could have worked out then he wouldn't have been so worried about Aakash.

He couldn't decipher why did she leave him?
He thought he knew her better but he was wrong about her. This was beyond his imagination that she would literally run away instead of confronting him. She could have told him if she never liked him instead she chose to bring shame to his family and hers too.
He would have taken her rejection better than her eloping.

'The Little Sahay', he remembered who he played with was the one who would've never done this to him.
Maybe she was no longer the friend he had once, the one who stood up for him when no one did, who refused to listen to others who always tried to tell her to stay away from him, a boy with no friends. The one who accepted the way he was, with the scar on his face.
The one who motivated him to live his life to the fullest.
He closed his eyes, replaying the memory which his mind couldn't erase ever.

------------------------------
Sitting on the bench near the play ground. The little boy continuously glanced at his friends playing merrily at a far away distance without even caring to look at him.
Friends!
How could he call them that? He was no longer a friend to them thanks to the ugly burnt scar on his face. He had knitted the fact that now no one cares for him except his family. He doesn't have any friends. Now, he's just a loner.
He looked away realising the fact and continued eating his food till....