Chapter 57-Breaking the Shell.

Her hand reached out to hold the glazed ceramic cup before she neared it to her lips, allowing the hot Caffè Mocha melt in her mouth, stimulating her taste buds.

Her eyes were fixedly hooked to the two birds by the windowpane. Then her eyes moved to her best friend's room and she sighed briefly.

Everyone had their own essence of love, except for her. The thought about that particular term was overwhelming and equally depressing.

She missed him so much. His voice, his touch, his beautiful amber coloured eyes and most importantly, his breathtaking smile.

Even when she talked to him at every chance she got, she still longed to see him.

Their talks were always short and limited which saddened her greatly.

Her peaceful bubble in the quiet apartment was disturbed by a huge bang of the door as he walked out, almost naked.

"Hey!" Vashisht couldn't stop smiling as he raked his hand in his messy damp hair.

Ahem! Someone had a terrific night.

"Geez! Wear something." Ambar quickly averted her gaze.

"Good morning Amy!" Vashisht beamed whilst picking up the t-shirt from the couch.

"I can see why it's so good " She teased him.

"Yeah, you do." He grinned.

"You both were very loud compared to the last time when she stayed here. By the way, where's she?" Ambar asked while absorbing the taste of her favourite beverage.

"She's exhausted and still asleep. I don't think she'd be able to attend any of the class today." He mumbled whilst pouring some coffee in his mug.

"Blame yourself for it." She muttered and he smirked, "Actually I do." He proudly stated, earning a quick whack from her.

"I'm going." Ambar dumped the cup in the sink and picked her bag from the chair.

"Wait... I'll drop you." Vashisht offered.

"No." She denied quickly, "Stay with Olivia. I'll take a subway ride." She smiled.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"One hundred percent."

______________________________

She had invaded his mind and heart completely. Every second without her turned more difficult for him to control his emotions. Whenever he talked to her, he felt at peace but the moment she hung up or he disconnected her call, he felt more and more depressed.

The only reason he kept his talks minimal was because he didn't wanted to be her weakness while she's at this most important stage of her career.
He was willing to wait for her to arrive even when it was the most difficult thing for him to do.

"Sir?" He snapped his head to the man who gently knocked his cabin's door.

"Yes, Mr. Mittal. Please come in." Nakul permitted him to enter and paused.

"Mr. Mittal, the file... I.." Nakul was at loss of words as he was uncertain to ask him about the photograph but he had no choice. He had to do it.

Mr. Mittal was the only man who had worked for their firm for ages.

Mr. Mittal couldn't keep his confusion at bay, "Sir, any problem?" He asked him.

Nakul cleared his throat, "Mr. Mittal, Who are these people? I have never seen them before."

The old man moved towards his desk and glanced at the pointed photographs.

He inspected the picture very carefully whilst his brows got furrowed before he finally let out the words.