Chapter 2-Big Boys Don't Cry.

A Big Thank you to Shruti727 for this wonderful cover.

Please vote and comment for the chapter.

Happy Reading
♡♥♡
__________________________________________________________________

On reaching the place which he never ever liked, He ran fast towards his mother who was standing at a corner with a little boy.

"Mom... What happened?" He panted hard grasping for breath.

"Nakul..." Manyata sobbed slightly clutching her son's arm.

"They... met with... an accident. A truck dashed their car." She finally spoke those words which he dreaded to hear.

"What! How are they now?" He tried to calm himself and expected them to be fine.

Them. His elder brother 'Mayank' and his sister-in-law 'Shikha'.

His mother couldn't speak more as she cried holding the little boy.

Nakul glanced at the boy who was looking at him having no idea why he was here?
or why his granny was crying hysterically?
or where his parents are?

Nakul quickly picked him up and hugged him.
Aakash was his only nephew and his brother's miniature version.

"Doctor. How are they?" He heard his mother asking the man in the white robe. He clumped towards the doctor who was consoling his mother.

Nakul tried convincing himself that his Bhai (Brother)... Bhabhi (Sister-in-law) would be alright but the doctor's next words made the ground to slip beneath him.

"I'm sorry, we couldn't save her." The Doctor spoke sadly.

'Couldn't save her.' His Shikha Bhabhi.
The woman who was a mother figure for him or his only friend who had supported him always. The only woman who ruled his brother's heart and Aakash's mother.

Tears spilled out from his eyes as he couldn't believe that the only woman he adored beside his mother was no longer in this world.

"What about my son?" Asked his mother as she cried more.

"His condition is still critical. We're trying our best to save him at least." The doctor said sympathetically and walked inside.

"Chachu (Uncle), don't cry. Mumma says that big boys don't cry." Little Aakash wiped his uncle's face.

Nakul smiled weakly at his nephew and hugged him immediately.

Poor boy didn't knew that he won't hear his mother's words again while his father in the next room is still fighting for life.

Nakul quickly wiped his tears and pecked Aakash's cheeks which made him whine.

Why do the people we love the most have to leave us some day or the other?

Nakul was shattered but he had to stay strong.

Strong for his mother, strong for his brother and even for his little boy Aakash.

"Mom... I'm taking Aakash home. I don't want him to be here for even a second." He turned to his mother who just nodded her head with teary eyes.

Without wasting any time, he dashed out with Aakash who was still in his arms. He felt the urge to take Aakash home because he himself was feeling suffocation around.

He drove swiftly home while Aakash was still clueless about everything happening around him. He was fortunate that he stayed with his grandmother while his parents were out.
He wanted to ask his Chachu about his parents but Nakul's weary look frightened him.