Chapter 24-Move In.

"Didn't I tell you not to loiter on the second floor?" His voice was deep and rough.

Ambar stood with her back facing him. She knew that she might end up losing her job today.

Horrified and appalled, she turned around to face him.

Suddenly she saw his mouth twist into a smile.

Was she dreaming or was he actually waiting for a chance to fire her which was he so delighted about?

Nakul couldn't control himself and burst out guffawing at her.

Earlier, he was so angry with her especially when she didn't answer his calls and also after she was found on the second floor despite of the warning.

But as soon as he saw her face, he couldn't show any of his wrath but instead broke into a fits of laughter
Who won't?
When she had a white moustache formed above her upper lip which made her look absolutely funny.

Ambar couldn't decipher what was happening?

Controlling himself, he moved closer to her. She stumbled a bit turning back but he held her before she could hit the ground.

For the first time, she saw his features very promptly. His amber eyes, a pointed nose and a slight change of skin tone somewhere near his left cheek. She felt something familiar like she had seen it somewhere but her mind couldn't focus on anything especially when her face was really close to him.

He gently brushed his thumb wiping the milk above her upper lip.

Shiver ran down her spine as soon as he touched her. He smiled slightly at her reaction.

"Chachu!" Aakash ran up to him disrupting the moment. Ambar moved quickly away.

Nakul scooted him up in his arms.
"Why are you here?" Aakash asked him.

"I was missing you, small shot." Nakul kissed his forehead.

"And when I called, no one picked up the call." He eyed Ambar who looked uncomfortable and dismayed.

"So how was your day?" Nakul asked him dismissing the topic.
"I had a lot of fun.... fun and...." Aakash elaborated everything in detail. Nakul attentively kept on listening.

Ambar couldn't help but smile. Whenever Nakul glanced at her, she averted her gaze.

"Small shot, did you have your milk?" Nakul asked him. Aakash took his tongue out while Nakul sighed.

"Explains everything now." He muttered knowing Aakash had fooled the poor girl very easily.

"Okay small shot, you go and wait for us. I have something to discuss with your friend." Nakul said and Aakash ran down the stairs following his request.

"Careful." Nakul warned.

He turned to Ambar who was quietly standing opposite him.
Nakul sighed knowing that he had to show some patience which he always lacked.
"There's a reason because of which you can't be here." He told her.

"My brother's room is on this floor and I don't want to create any sort of disturbance for him. He's in a persistent vegetative state. There's a nurse who is around to check on him all the time and even his doctor keeps on visiting him for frequent checkups but that shouldn't concern you at all. You just have to keep Aakash away from his room. I don't want his mind to be surrounded by a lot of questions regarding his dad." He elucidated and she nodded, finally understanding him.

"Good, I would be leaving for work after seeing Aakash and one more thing, keep your phone always with you and make sure, you don't leave a miss call on your phone because after that there won't be any injunctions." He warned before leaving her.