Chapter 44-Acknowledged Prayers.

She was restless as she tossed and tussled on the bed. As she shifted to hold the comforter, her eyes landed on the little boy, next to her who was asleep with his mouth slightly parted.

He appeared so peaceful and lovely just like his 'chachu'.
She caressed his face and planted a small kiss on his cheeks.

All of a sudden, she heard some clattering noises from the other side of the door.
Fear filled her gut.
The mystery man hadn't left her mind since the time she had almost seen him.

Without making any sound, she sneaked out of the room but sighed in relief when she appeared before him who was busy pouring some warm milk for himself from the electric kettle.

"Did I wake you up?" Nakul asked her.

"No... I couldn't sleep anyway." She replied before perching on the couch next to him.

"Why are you awake? Another nightmare?" She queried and he shook his head before sipping the milk.

"No.. I was working." He gave her a shot reply.

"At 2:00 am?" She voiced out, glancing at the wall clock.

"Yes... I had to complete an important presentation." He said before adding quickly.

"That reminds me, we have to cut short this trip. I have to be present for a meeting, a day after tomorrow." She instantly frowned after hearing him.

"Why do you have to work always? Can't you just leave everything aside for some time? Can't you take a break from the business? At least for Aakash." She asked him.

"I can't even if I want. I have a huge responsibility to run an entire firm." He sighed.

"You really work hard." She praised him.

"I have to. I can't let my brother's hardwork wash away." He told her and she smiled.

"I hope, he recovers soon. I miss him a lot." Nakul purred after a pause.

"He will and he'll be really happy to see your dedication as a C.E.O." She nodded.

"Skyflame doesn't belong to me, Ambar. I'm just stepping in my brother's shoes for time being. I don't want to disappoint him." He confessed.

"You won't then." She confided him.

"How can you be so sure?" He asked her. His voice croaked.

"I just know." She smiled.

"So, what were you doing before you joined Skyflame?" She enquired.

"You really want to know?"

"Why would I ask if I don't want to?" She replied and he exhaled before answering.

"Three years ago, I completed my masters in business management. After I had completed my studies. Initially,  I decided to work separately with a classmate of mine who was quite a bright student. I wanted to built my own firm. i didn't care even if it was small one. Bhai (brother) supported my idea but he still wanted me to join Skyflame but then that accident happened and..." He trailed off unable to continue the rest.

"I know. Somethings don't work the way you want always." Ambar said, surprising him.

"You're right." He agreed.

"Tell me something about yourself." Nakul asked her.

"What about me?" She bit her lip nervously.

"Anything which you want to share. Anything." He nudged and she breathe out.

"I lost my dad when I was seven. He died because of having multiple injuries due to an office mishap. My mom couldn't bear the pain of losing him. She left me too. I had no one but Vinay uncle who was my only relative. He was my dad's elder brother. He took me to his place but he was least expressive to me while my aunt. She didn't want me in her house as she loathed me but their daughter Amrita." She looked at him and continued.