Chapter 63-Solace.

Her heart was pounding hard.
Ambar found it difficult to swim though she was able to breathe under water with the help of her scuba mask.
Her legs weren't helping her to move.

Suddenly a hand gripped her arm and she snapped her head to look at him.

He pointed his finger to look around and she did.

The most beautiful scenario appeared in front of her eyes. She felt as if she was dreaming.

Colourful rocks, exotic fishes of different types, little turtles, corals and reefs.

It reminded her of the movie 'Finding Nemo.' It was one of her favourites.

Nakul helped her to move rather than stay at one place.

Earlier she was so afraid... Afraid to lose her life in the ocean but now everything was forgotten.

She started to live in the moment. She was a quick learner.

She swam though very slowly holding his hand.

It was one such experience that she was going to treasure for lifetime.

------------------------------------------------

The entire room was awfully quiet. Amrita tightly held his hand and Mayank knew she was hell nervous.

So was he!

"Sir, I want you to know that I would never hurt your daughter and the child, she's carrying. I want to protect them. They'll be mine and I would take good care of them..." He promised.

Vinay's eyes shifted to his daughter.

"Amrita! Do you want to marry him?" He straightaway asked her.

"Yes, Dad." She replied looking up to meet his eyes.

"Are you sure that you won't regret this decision later on?" He queried and she shook her head, "No, I won't regret it." She replied and glanced at her mother, who absolutely appeared unconvinced at her answer.

The tension was thick in the air.

"Well then my blessings are with both of you." Vinay finally let out a smile whilst his wife gasped at his reponse.

"No Vinay, are you insane?" She tried to say but Vinay immediately cut her off, "Sandhya! We won't commit those same mistakes again and again. Let her live the way she wants. It's her life and she has a right to choose her life partner and I don't find anything wrong in this proposal. In fact I'm honoured to have this man as a part of our family from now on." He told her.

Sandhya grimaced and rose up from her place. She turned on her heels, leaving them alone.

It tore her heart that her own mother couldn't understand her.

Mayank gently squeezed her hand.

"Don't worry about your mother. You should only think about yourself and the baby." Vinay said and she feebly nodded her head.

"Have you talked to Mrs. Suri?" Vinay turned to Mayank.

"Yes... I did.. She has no objection with the proposal."

"Good. I'm very ashamed for whatever happened last time. Mr. Nakul and Ambar, did they know?" Vinay asked.

"Not yet but we'll inform them soon." Amrita uttered and he bobbed his head.

"When are you going to get married?"

"By the end of this month..." Mayank immediately replied.

"Isn't it too soon?" He queried.