Chapter 38-Small Shot's Birthday Part 2.

He tapped his foot impatiently. Shilpa gulped, seeing his face. He desperately wanted to go out and open all his gifts, ripping the wrapper.
But he wasn't allowed to do so.
Especially not so soon.

Ambar was busy preparing a giant cake for him by following granny's instructions. Meanwhile, Shilpa was dealing with the notorious kid as they didn't want Aakash to walk out and ruin their surprise.
On the other hand, Nakul was preparing for the party.

All of them had thought to do it early before the kid gets up but it was nothing but their bad luck that Aakash was already out of bed and was almost about to wreck everything.

Thankfully Ambar had trapped him in his own room with Shilpa and gave her the keys.

"I want to go out, Aunt Shilpa." He groaned.

"Aakash. Just wait for sometime."

"Why am I locked in here? Why can't I go out?"

"I'll just see your Great Granna." She immediately scuttled out before locking him, avoiding his interrogation. He frowned before his Ipad buzzed and he instantly answered it.

"Happy birthday..." His face brightened in delight as his grandmother's face appeared on the screen.

"Thank you, Granny." Aakash replied.

"So did you get your gifts?" Manyata asked him.

"No... I didn't.... They're not giving it to me." He pouted and she laughed.

"Wait for sometime and you'll surely get it." She affirmed.

"How much should I wait more? They're not even letting me go out. I'm trapped in here." He complained and she chuckled.

"Aakash! A little patience sweetheart." His great grandmother entered his room on her wheelchair with Shilpa pushing it ahead.

"Great Granna! But how much should I wait more?" Aakash passed her a pleading look.

"Hello Manyata."

"Mrs. Singh, it's pleasant to see you there." Manyata smiled.

"How are you, Manyata?" She asked her.

"I'm just fine as I'm missing my children, terribly." Manyata sighed.

"I can understand you on this completely." Mrs. Singh nodded.

"Yeah... I hope your journey wasn't so tiring, was it?" Manyata asked her.

"No, It wasn't. after all, I had this nagging woman all the time with me." Mrs. Singh grimaced and looked at Shilpa who shook her head.

"And even Nakul. He's a caring child. You've indeed done a great job in raising your kids." She praised and Manyata smiled.

"Thank you..."

"Okay... Aakash, now you can actually get out of here." Mrs. Singh told him.

"Really?"

"Yes." She confirmed.

"Okay! I'll just hang up now. Have a great day Aakash and I've left you a gift too. Bye sweetie. I love you" Manyata told him with a wink.

"Thank you granny. Good bye. Love you too." He grinned before she actually disconnected the video call.

"Aakash!" Nakul and Ambar came in his room. Ambar had a box in her hand.

"Chachu!" He huffed.

"Okay! Small shot, are you ready for the big surprise?" Nakul asked and Aakash couldn't control being ebullient.