Chapter 64-Only You.

"Mom!" Amrita's eyes countered her hard glare.

Her face had no emotions as she stood erect in front of her.

"I want to talk to you." She said looking at her daughter.

"Sure... Please come in." Amrita welcomed her.

Sandhya quietly stepped inside and walked towards the recliner.

"Please sit." Amrita gestured her mother and Sandhya occupied some place on the couch.

"Would you like-" Sandhya interrupted her immediately before she could ask her for anything.

"I appreciate your etiquette but I don't want anything." She voiced out. "Sit here."

Her mother was discombobulated, she could tell.

Amrita nodded and sat in front of her.

"Why are you marrying him?" Sandhya asked her directly without wasting any time.

"Mom! Why are you asking this?" Amrita shifted uncomfortably.

"Just answer me, Amrita." Her mother's voice boomed in the entire house.

"I.... We are in love and we think it's for the best, isn't it?" Amrita lied and she scoffed.

"You can hide it to the world. Even to your father but not to me. I know, he doesn't love you... he's marrying you for supporting your child, isn't it?" She asked and Amrita flinched.

"Why do you want to marry someone who doesn't love you rather just considers you as another liability." She spoke.

"I love him... I really do and weren't you the one who wanted me to get married in this family, now what happened?" Amrita wiped her tears as her voice got louder.

Sandhya sighed.

"Yes I wanted you to marry Mr. Nakul but only because he genuinely looked interested in marrying you while I don't see that in Mr. Mayank's eyes..." Her eyes softened for the first time.

"Amrita. Marry someone who loves you... Not the other way around. Otherwise, you'll regret your entire life to be stuck in a loveless marriage... It will be too painful for you to bear when you'd receive no love from your husband. He may satisfy you physically but emotionally, you'll feel emptier." She told her daughter and rose up.

Pain was visible on her face.
"And no one can explain this better than me. Goodbye Amrita. Take care." She said and stormed out of the house before Amrita could say anything.

------------------------------------------------

"Hey!" She entered, dropping her bag on the table.

Vashisht frowned.

"Where were you?" He asked her.

"With a friend." She replied whilst snatching his packet of chips.

"Which friend?" Ambar groaned at his interrogation.

"A friend from India. Anything else." She snapped at him.

"Yes! How could you do this, Amy? You didn't tell me. Your best friend." He whined.

"What is your problem, Vashisht? Can't I have friends?  Can't I go out with them?" She sounded irritated and he immediately shut up.

"I...I was worried." He admitted lowly.

Ambar exhaled sharply, "I'm sorry.. I get it. I should have told you." She apologised.

"It's okay. I didn't mean to pry. I was just concerned about you. Dinner?" He asked.

"I ate already." She replied with a smile.