Chapter 46-Altruism.

Ambar was conflating from inside. Listening to something very appalling had evoked her senses.

Her Dida was pregnant with a baby.

"Dida! What are you saying?" Words left her mouth.
She couldn't decipher anything at that moment.

"I got to know on the wedding day itself." Amrita said while she didn't acknowledge Nakul who had his ears all attended to hear what she had to say..
He was stupefied too.

Amrita's eyes stooped down in the pool of guilt as tears continued to cascade down her cheeks.

"I fell in love with a wrong man..." She confessed and it pained Ambar's heart too as she continued.

"I was crazy and mad about him. We met at the hospital. One day, he promised to marry me but he just used me like a tissue paper to satisfy his needs." Amrita broke down.

"I so wanted to tell you, Amy but whenever I tried, something or the other came up." She added quickly.

"Shortly, he left for a vacation and suddenly, all that marriage thing came up. I wanted to deny but I couldn't..." Amrita sighed.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Ambar reprimanded and she closed her eyes for a brief moment.

"I... I wanted to fulfill your dreams of studying in New York but the loan for which I had applied didn't pass and I was left with no option but to ask Mom and Dad for the monetary help". She elucidated further.

"They agreed to help me but on one condition which was to marry Mr. Nakul Suri who had put forth a marriage proposal in front of them." Ambar gasped after what she heard from her.

Her sister had gone through a lot.

"I tried to contact him... My boyfriend but he neglected my calls. I wanted to meet him so I went to his house where I..." She choked while whimpering.

Ambar squeezed her hand.

"I met his wife and his son. He was fucking married to her and was cheating on her with me." Amrita's voice was hoarse as Ambar soothingly caressed her back.

She mentally cursed the man who had tormented her sister.

"Later, I got to know that his married life was a downhill and I was not the only one with whom he had an affair on. After that I broke up with him and decided to accept the marriage proposal to move on from him but then I found out about my pregnancy and I immediately left to meet Dr. Tripathi who was my senior doctor and a gynaecologist at the hospital. She confirmed it, leaving me totally shattered
... I didn't want to abort my child and neither I could've burden someone else's life..., Mr. Suri's life who was quite involved in his own share of problems.
So, I decided to leave on the wedding day itself and Dr. Tripathi helped me in doing so. I admit, ... I committed some terrible mistakes. Amy! but it all happened because I trusted some people blindly. I'm so sorry." She cried out loud and Ambar hugged her immediately.

"Dida! I'm here with you... Please don't cry." She said between her sobs.

Nakul was frozen to his spot. Aakash tried to shake him but he was paralysed after hearing her revelations.

All this while, he had blamed her for deceiving him and now he felt nothing but a lot more sympathy towards her.

Ambar's teary eyes found his blank ones.

His scrutinizing gaze was fixed on them.

"Why don't you come with us?" Ambar insisted and she shook her head in refusal.

"I can't come... Please Amy! I'm happy here." Amrita told her.

"But I can't leave you here, Dida! Not after knowing about this little one." Ambar requested and while she was about to speak again, she heard Aakash's voice interrupting them.