Chapter 17-Imbroglio.

Her eyes were constantly shedding tears. She felt sick and tired.
Tired of all the daily drama.
Two days!
In just two days, her entire life was going to change.
Marrying a person whom she had met only twice was the creepiest thing, she was going to do.

Wiping the stains from her face, she came out of the washroom.

"This is so unbelievable." She heard Vashisht's voice.

"I mean you didn't even tell me." He accused Ambar.

"Actually....." She trailed off before Amrita could complete her.

"Even she didn't knew anything. It happened all of a sudden." Amrita explained before Ambar could.

"Oh God! Dida, you're getting married! I can't believe it. I mean congratulations." He hugged her.

"Take care of Ambar." She whispered in his ears.

"Huh?"

"Ambar, could you please get me something to eat? I'm starving." Amrita requested.

"Sure Dida."

"Dida! What are you talking about?" He was confused.

"I mean, I won't be around now always and you both are soon flying to New York so I'll.... I'll... just miss you both and I want someone to look after her once I'm not much around." She cried silently while he comforted her by rubbing her arm soothingly.

"Promise me that you'd take care of her."

"Obviously Dida, I promise." He meant it when he said.

"Thank you."

"What's going on? Why are you both crying?" Ambar questioned after she entered with a packet of sandwich.

"Nothing... We just got all emotional." Amrita wiped the corner of the eyes.

"Yeah."

"Oh you both! Sometimes, you just freak me out and please don't turn all poignant, it makes me feel downhearted." She implored.

"Okay. Sorry, so what did you get me?" Amrita changed the topic.

"Dida. I couldn't find anything else." Ambar handed her the packet.

"This will be do." She stuffed it in her purse.

"Why aren't you eating?" Ambar asked.

"I'll eat it on the way." She replied with a small smile.

"Where are you going?" Ambar immediately asked her.

"Hospital." She replied calmly.

"Dida, why are you going? I thought we could just hang around for one last time...".

"Would you stop saying that!" Ambar yelled, interrupting Vashisht who flinched at her tone.

"This isn't the last time." She sobbed.

"Will you ever let me ever complete? I was saying that this is will be our last time before she gets married and before we move to New York". He argued.

"Oh God! This is a reality check. I had just totally forgotten about New York." She sounded dismayed.

"Oh God! Oh God! Oh God." She howled realising for the first time that everything will no longer be same while both of them started consoling her.

_________________________________

"Mom!"

"Oh Nakul! I was thinking about your attire for the wedding, have you thought about it?" She asked him.