Chapter 54-Ordeal.

"Are you happy, Mayank?" She asked him, nervously.

He glanced at her, "Why are you asking this question, Shikha?" He quirked his brows at her.

She sighed, "I mean... I don't want... you to feel another burden on you..." She stuttered whilst fidgeting with her fingers.

"Have you gone insane? This baby can be anything but a burden to me. It's a beautiful gift and I'm very grateful to god for sharing this gift with you again." He grabbed her hand in his and squeezed it lightly.

"What do you want? I mean, you do have a preference, don't you?" She questioned him.

"Anything would do but he or she must have your traits.-" He paused and passed her a cunning smile,"-well except for my looks, my brains and even my habits. In short... all of me." He completed and stuck out his tongue when she pulled his ears.

"Okay ... okay! this time, I want him or her to be exactly like you." He told her and Shikha smirked in victory.
"So do you have any name in your mind?" He asked her and she pursed her lips, "Actually, I do." She spoke with a smile.

"Then tell me." He insisted.

"If it's a boy then 'Shrey'..." She said and briefly looked at him.

"Good! but if it's a girl then?" He quickly enquired.

"Anamika." She replied and he turned his head in her direction, "Anamika?"

"What's wrong? Don't you like it?" She asked him.

"No... no... actually I... had this name in my mind for a very long time.."

"Really?" She asked and he winked at her, "I love this name and you know what, I love you too."

"I love you more." She blushed immensely before averting her gaze, "Focus on the road, Mr. Suri." She reprimanded, changing the subject.

"Yes darling." He smiled and shifted his attention back on the road.

All of a sudden, a loud dash pushed the car ahead, "What the fuck!" Mayank cursed under his breath. He peered through the side mirror to see a huge truck exactly behind them.

"Who's it?" The noise scared the hell out of his wife as well.

"It's some idiot out there in the truck... right behind our car." Mayank replied gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"Then let him pass ahead of us." Shikha suggested and he nodded, "Okay."

As he was about to change the gear, their car got pummelled by the huge truck once again but forcefully this time, frightening the living daylights out of them, "MAYANK!" The next thing he heard was his wife's screech and then everything in front of him blacked out.

"Shikha!" He woke up with a jolt, "Shikha!" He breathe out and closed his eyes in fury as the realisation finally hit him hard.

The Accident! His wife?
His Shikha! Where is she?

He had to see her.
To ensure himself that she and their baby, both were perfectly alright and nothing had happened to them.

He pushed the duvet aside and tried to get up from his bed but failed miserably as the next thing he felt himself was losing the command over his limbs and he instantly hit the ground with a bang.

"Mr. Suri, Oh my god!" Amrita quickly ran up to him and supported him to get back to the bed.

"I want to see my wife, where is she?" Mayank persisted as he spoke out very clearly to her amazement but Amrita ignored to answer that question of his, rather she asked him something about him, "Sir! Are you alright?"