Chapter 6-Party.

"Dida, you look mind blowing in this dress." Ambar complimented her while she continued combing her hair.

She was wearing a long white dress with silver embroidery.

"Thank you Amy but I don't want to go. Can't I join you and Vashisht rather than attending this boring party." Amrita implored.

"Dida, we always loved your company but not today as you really need to go to this boring party. I don't want them to hate me more thinking that I snatched you away from them." She half-smiled.

Amrita placed the hairbrush on the table.
"Ambar, you know that's not true. No matter how they're, I still love them as well as you." Amrita said turning towards her.

"Yes, that's why I think you should go." Ambar patted her slightly and handed her the raindrop earings from the dressing table.

"Thank you." She replied taking them.

Amrita picked up the chain and tied it around her neck.

"Dida, it's okay if you don't wear it. That one won't go with your dress anyway.." Ambar said but Amrita cut her off.

"No it's really special to me and it doesn't matter if it won't go with the dress because it's you who had given me this." She beamed and wore it before hearing a knock on the door.

"Amu, come fast. Dad has been waiting near the car." Sandhya called from the other side of the door.

"Yes mom." Amrita replied as she quickly wore her heels and hugged Ambar before joining her parents.

Ambar kept on masking her emotions as the family left. She wanted to go but not against their wishes.

------------------------------

Nakul was standing in front of the mirror looking at himself. Today was an important day for him, his mother and the firm which was his father's foundation and his brother's years of hardwork.

As he was buttoning his blazer, he heard a knock at the door.

"Nakul, Are you ready son? guests have arrived." His mother's voice striked him and he turned to unlock the door.

"Yes, mom." He answered after opening the door.

"Oh, look at you. You're looking so handsome." She complimented him.

"Hmm. Thank you." He muttered turning away. Manyata knew that Nakul was nervous at that moment. To cheer him up, she started teasing him.

"I bet all the girls out there won't be able to take their eyes off you and maybe a lot of proposals might come up too." She joked.

"Mom, what are you talking about? You know I'm least interested in these kind of stuffs." He sounded displeased.

"Nakul! I was just kidding." Manyata shrugged her shoulder.

"Yeah, right." He scoffed being irritated.

"By the way. It would be good if you get married as it will benefit you only."

"How?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Aakash will get a chachi (Paternal Aunt) and your problem of leaving him alone would also get solved." She added.

"Mom, what are you talking?" He said dryly.

"Nakul. I was just kidding son. You're too bad in sensing humour and I'm not like those mothers who would get their children tied up to anyone against their wishes. I would want you to fall in love and then get married to someone like.... Shikha." She said and he smiled slightly.