Chapter 67-Crave.

Their mouths were hung open.
Shock was evident on their faces. None of them had expected such a turn of events. Indeed their lives had been in a series of roller coasters.

"When did this happen?" Nakul was the first one to talk.

"Two days ago." His mother calmly answered.

"And you didn't tell me earlier, why?" His tone was accusatory.

Manyata closed her eyes and sighed.

"I didn't want you to be distracted from this important conference and I thought that Mayank himself will inform you but he didn't." She spoke calmly.

Nakul raked his fingers through his hair.

"When are they planning to get married?" Ambar conferred softly.

"Before Amrita goes into labour, Mayank just mentioned this much to me." Manyata replied with a smile.

"Mom, are you fine with this decision? I mean, aren't you objecting and Shikha bhabhi! Did bhai forget about her?" Nakul enquired, frustrated.

Manyata breathe out.

"Nakul, I know that it's not even a year since Shikha's death but the entire decision has been taken by Mayank and no one, not even you and me can deny that he could ever forget Shikha but at the same time, he can't let his life just pass away. He has to move on... and maybe Amrita will help him to do so." She uttered whilst Ambar pursed her lips.

"Does Dida really want to get married?" Ambar finally let out her doubt.

"Yes... Though I didn't get the chance to ask her personally but still I would like to discuss about this whole thing with both of them." Manyata smiled.

"Mom, will you be flying back to India with us?" Nakul queried.

His mother's eyes averted to Ambar.

"What about your classes?" Manyata asked her.

"I hardly have three or four sessions left before winter holidays so there's no issues regarding my leave." Ambar replied.

"Oh good!" Manyata said before holding his arm.

"Nakul.... I can't wait to see Mayank but at the same time, your aunt needs me. So till Tyler doesn't return from Las Vegas, I've to stay here but my blessings and prayers are always going to be with you all." She patted him and he kissed her cheeks.

"You're the best, Mom." He uttered whilst hugging her.

"I know." She giggled before glancing at Ambar who also smiled at them.

Manyata extended her hand and in no time, they all were tightly secured in a lovely motherly embrace.

------------------------------------------------

"Why don't you have lunch with us?" Manyata asked Ambar after some time.

"Mom! Aren't you going to the hospital today?" Nakul cut in.

She raised her eyebrows.

"Do you want to get rid of me to be with your girlfriend?" She ridiculed him.

"No... I mean, you generally spend your entire day at the hospital." Nakul started defending himself.

"I do but it's okay. There are nurses and doctors at the hospital and I'll go a little late, so no worries." She said and he nodded.
"Auntie, can I help you in the kitchen?" Nakul frowned at Ambar's request.

"I'll be more than happy if you'd do so. What would you like to have?" Manyata asked her.

"Butter chicken and chapatis." Ambar licked her lips.