Chapter 27-Failed.

"YOU..... You are fired." His eyes depicted indignation when he spat those words.

"Chachu. I'm fine." Aakash murmured slowly.

"Yes, small shot." He smiled at the boy

"Wait, I'll take you to your room." Nakul calmly whispered in his ears before carrying him upstairs. Ambar quietly followed them.

When Nakul reached Aakash's room, he shut the door on Ambar's face, making her flinch a bit.

He placed him on the bed and pulled out a first aid box from the drawer.
Then he bandaged the wound carefully and covered him up with the comforter.

"I'm alright. It wasn't Amy's fault." Aakash tried to tell him the truth but Nakul was not in the mood to listen.

"Shush. Sleep." Nakul patted the boy before he closed his eyes.

All this while, Ambar was standing outside his room, unable to stop weeping.

Nakul quietly stepped out before locking the door.

"Stop with drama." He snapped angrily at her.

"I...." She was again interrupted by him.

"Not a word..." He warned.

"You..... I kept on ignoring all of your mistakes till now but that was my biggest fault to do so. On the first place, I shouldn't have appointed a careless and an irresponsible girl like you for my nephew. Trusting you with him was a blunder." His voice was cold and harsh.

"I'm sorry." She sobbed.

"Pack your bags. Driver will drop you home and you can come to the office, tomorrow. I'll clear your dues." He sounded rough.

"I.... Can I meet him before I leave?" She requested and this time, he didn't say anything, instead he just glared at her in vexation.

He once again closed the door on her face as he stepped inside

She broke down clutching herself.
His every word had send daggers to her heart.

She regretted for being reckless around the boy. She should have been vigilant. Her only job was to look after him and she felt that she had failed miserably.

When Nakul clumped towards his small shot. He planted a light peck on his forehead.

He was frustrated on himself more than the girl.
He blamed himself too for leaving his small shot alone.

"Chachu." Aakash stirred.

"Hmm." He raked his hairs.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have...".

"Just rest. Do you need anything?" He queried interrupting him.

"Amy." Aakash replied.

Nakul sighed before kissing his forehead again.

"I'll get your milk." Nakul said.

"Please tell Amy. She knows, how I like my milk." Aakash stated while Nakul mentally groaned.

Once he was in the corridor, he walked towards the kitchen to find Ambar pouring the milk into the glass.

"What are you still doing here?" He asked her.

"It's the time for Aakash to have his milk." Ambar murmured.

"That's not your duty anymore." He pointed out.

"This was never my duty... It is what I like doing." She smiled before adding the chocolate syrup in the milk.

"By the way, I have packed my bags." She informed him and he stood speechless.