Chapter 59

Aqua POV : Hints and Forgetfulness
As we enter the Garden of Hesperides, I see Cancer surprisingly leading the way. I feel the sun tickle my skin as we reach a small meadow surrounded by the same tall, dark green trees that cover this island. We decide to rest for a bit before we resume our search. As
I recline on the soft grass, I hear the sound of panting? I look behind me only to be met by a young girl fighting a mammoth bear. I see her become forced to the ground as the beast's jaws are pressed open by her spear.  As she  tries to push the bear off of herself, she fails as her spear cracks in half. While that action happens, I swiftly rise to my feet and rummage through my bag. I pull out a sliver sword as I find its handle while I throw my bag to the ground. I wonder how that got there. Nonetheless, I have to help her. I charge at the bear as I raise my sword.  I see Taurus start to fire arrows at the beast, hitting the beast in the right eye while Cancer and Libra make sure the beast falls backwards and not on the girl. I wonder where Taurus got the arrows. The beast immediately falls backward as I help Cancer and Libra. I stab it just to make sure it's dead. Sadly, it dies in agony. I look towards the girl as I present her my hand. Her takes it as I help her get back to her feet. She thanks us as she dusts herself off.
Cancer POV
         As I see the girl with tan skin and dark black hair stand up, she says," Thanks for the help. I'm Calypso, a guardian of the golden apples. I assume that's why your here, right?"
      I reply," Yes, that and the baobab tree."
     " Oh, well, I'm not supposed to say this but, the baobab tree is to the left while the golden apples are towards the right. I hope next time we meet, you won't have to save me," she calmly replies as she turns and runs into the forest and our of sight.
        Great, now we have to split up. I wonder who's going with whom.
Libra POV
       I feel a gust of wind brushes my face as Cancer and I decide to find baobab tree while Aqua and Taurus will handle the golden apples. I'm so nervous about this. I mean what if we don't reach the tree in time. I remember reading that it only blooms for a week. We bid farewell to Aqua and Taurus telling them to meet us back at our school, instead of back at the meadow. When we finally depart, silence erupts between us. Cancer looks so cute as the sunlight catches his hazel hair. I can't believe I agreed to go with Cancer. He's such a perfect distraction to me. I am pulled away from my thoughts as I feel Cancer grab my arm. He points forward. I turn around to be met by a small cliff that joints onto a ravine filled with a wide river of milky white water. I assume we could swim across but, the rapids look too dangerous. We could build a raft, that could work. I wonder what Cancer would think. I ask," Hey Cancer, why don't we build a raft?"
        " Now that's the best idea I've heard all day," he calmly replies with a slight smirk on his lips. We immediately gather all the sticks and twine we can find. Eventually, after a lot of hard work and sweat, a beautiful raft is built. As we stand back to admire our work, the raft starts to tip off the cliff and fall into the river. Before I know it, Cancer has taken my hand in his as we jump off of the cliff and safely reach the raft. I can just feel my cheeks heat up as I realize that he might feel the same way. I feel his hand grip mine harder as we pass through the rapids. I look to my right to see Cancer looking straight at me with a small smile on his lips. He says," Well, that was fun."
I just love his sense of humor. But, the moment is taken away as we reach a cave in which we are lifted upward as we go over a long and cold waterfall. I feel Cancer slip away from me as I land on the raft while he lands, with a huge splash, into water. I see him hit a rock with his head as he becomes unconscious. Could anything else go wrong?
I break a part of the raft and use that piece to stop the raft while I pull Cancer on to the raft. I feel the raft move as I place Cancer's head on my lap. Tears prick my eyes as I feel a hand touch my face. I hear Cancer say," Libra, before I forget this, along with everything else, I love you."
With that, he presses his lips to mine. I feel a rush of emotions rage inside of me. When we part, Cancer questions," Who are you?"

Author's Note
Hello fellow authors/readers. I have very exciting news. This story is officially entered in the Wattys. Yay!!! Please spread the word. As always, new chapter soon. Bye.

P. S. I will be proofreading the entire story just so that it's all ready for the Wattys.