Chapter 89

Aries POV: An Atlantean Celebration {Part 2}
    For the beginning of the meal, everything goes smoothly. We are sat on the inside of a circular table in the center of the room. We face outward toward the rest of the people in attendance. Currently, we are sitting across from the noblest of the nobles in Atlantis. At five minute intervals, our current partners get up and we are blessed with new ones. Every time we obtain a new partner, we get up, bow to them, shake hands, and introduce ourselves. Dinner is a seven course meal that is a three and a half an hour ordeal. At the time dinner is over, we have spoken to every person in the room, all seven hundred fourteen of them. They range from the wealthiest noble to the poorest soldier. It is quiet intriguing to see how the different levels of Atlantean society function with each other. By the time dinner is over, the sun has just finish setting, and music begins to fill the castle's great ballroom. We are the last ones to leave our table and head to the dance floor. Therefore, we are able to take in the scene before us.
    People, from the oldest elders to the youngest teenagers, are dancing a simple waltz in pairs. They circle around each other, entranced with each other's gracefulness and allure. The music is like honey-sweet wine, beautifully intoxicating. My friends begin to pair up. Libra immediately pulls Cancer to the dance floor as soon as she understands that the dance is only a simple waltz. Leo charmingly leads Virgo in a waltz as they join the dance right behind Libra and Cancer. Taurus and Aquarius pair up instantaneously as they fall in place behind Leo and Virgo. Behind them, Sag and Cap come together and gracefully join the waltz. Scorpio and Pisces join the waltz behind them, entranced with each other. Lastly, I take Gemini's hand as I lead her onto the dance floor, behind Scorpio and Pisces. She smiles at me as we glide across the dance floor. While it sounds cliche, I have never felt so in love right now. I mean the mood is set with the music. I have also never been to a ball, but I know that they often have a romantic connotation. To top it all, I finally feel safe. I know that Aapeli is still out there, but I feel that Atlantis has become a beacon of light ever since we saved it. While balls might not be the norm back home, it feels normal. I am with the girl that I love, dancing the night away. Gemini is ravishing. Her grace and beauty outshines everyone else in the room. She flashes me a smile as the song ends. We follow everyone else, and bow to each other as well as clap for the band that had just played. 
"Alright, it is that time of the night again. Ladies please find your way to the right side of the room. Gentlemen find your way to the left side. It is time for our first chance dance!" King Narcissus announces as the room cheers in delight.
"When the music starts up again, you will have just under a minute to find a partner. By the time that short song ends, you and whoever you have chosen will spend the next nine dances together. Choose wisely and good luck!" King Narcissus finishes as the last stragglers go to their respective sides.
I wait for the music to begin. My heart races. I really want to dance with Gemini. While I am not over protective, I do want to spend time with my girlfriend. I also do not want her to end up in an uncomfortable situation. For all we know, she could be asked by a creep. There you go again. Stop being so over dramatic. I'm sure that no one here is a creep. They can't be, right? I push those thoughts out of my head as I hear the plucking of a violin. The game has begun. The entire ballroom is thrown into complete chaos. I rush through the crowd and try to get to Gemini as quickly as humanly possible. When I finally arrive at the right side of the ballroom, I see her sitting on the opposite end of the room. I must have got shoved further away from her as I pushed through the crowd. I finally arrive to her, breathing very heavily. Pull it together, I tell myself.
"Gemini will do me the honor of being my partner for the next set of dances?" I confidently ask as I take her hand and place a soft kiss on it.
"Why of course!" Gemini replies as she stands up.
She places her right hand on my shoulder and her left in my right as I place my left around her waist.  Then we glide into the crowd. We are in out own little world as we dance. Nothing else, and for that matter nobody else, is more important than the person standing right in front of us. I realize how lucky I am. I have the perfect girlfriend. I truly feel that we are good fit together. As the last song of the set starts, Gemini and I inch closer together as the music gets slower and slower. Gemini nestles her hand on my chest as we slowly sway to the beat on the music. The music itself has somehow become even sweeter and more intoxicating. In addition, it has also become more romantic as the highs and lows of the song compel such an emotional response. The music is not the only intoxicating thing in the room. Gemini is. I mean she always has been, but now she is evermore so. I don't know if it's the situation we find ourselves in or just pure emotion, but I have never felt this way before. I am overjoyed that it is with Gemini. The song ends faster than I would have wanted. And everyone drifts to their respective sides. The music starts again, and the second set of chance dances has begun.

Hello! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Aren't Aries and Gemini the cutest couple ever! As always, new chapter soon. Bye!