Chapter 88

Cancer POV: An Atlantean Celebration {Part 1}
    After the quick dance lesson, we are lead out of the atrium and into the main palace once again. As we travel through the hallways, we pass many colorful guests. Hues of the entire rainbow are represented. It's very appealing. Honestly, nothing I have ever seen comes close to what I see now. I have come to the conclusion that Atlantans have a high regard for beauty and love it almost too much. Is that a fault? Maybe it was the final fault that made them fall last time? Nonetheless, I can acknowledge the beauty that surrounds me. It has truly awestruck me as well as the rest of my friends. However, we have very little time to be awestruck as Arête, Calypso, and Asterope are continuing to teach us from the point that the maids left off.
    "Now, there will be many, many dances. However, towards the middle of night, everything changes. Now, every tenth dance becomes what we call the chance dance. At this point, everyone must find a partner. To do this, women sit on the right and men sit on the left at the end of the ninth dance. Once the music starts, the men rush to dance with the lady of their choice. Ladies, you can refuse a dancer partner. You must dance with the person who you end with for the next nine dances," Asterope explains.
    "There are three chance dances. Thus, there is a grand of total of thirty dances. Each ninth dance is what we call the last dance. It's always a slow song," Arête adds. Some of my friends start to look uncomfortable.
    "There is no need to worry. Most couples start to float towards their respected sides at this dance. You are not forced to dance the ninth dance. However, it is looked down upon to forfeit the whole affair. My suggestion is that you dance the thirty dances. And ladies, try not to refuse anyone. Thus, this will be like a peace symbol and will help you gain the trust of more of our people," Calypso states.
    "I thought we had their trust already," Aquarius whispers.
    "Atlantean people don't always take kindly to outsiders, even if they saved their lives. It's mostly the council of elders that thinks this way. My father kind of put you guys in a tight spot. In order to come with me to Babylon, you must get the approval of the elders," Cepheus adds as he joins us in our walk to the ballroom. He continues with, "Even my father is susceptible to their disdain. They help keep Atlantis safe from the outside world. And can even exile you if you fail to meet their standards."
    "They did such a good job of that last time," Gemini scoffs.
    "Gemini, I wouldn't say such things. The original elders were slaughtered when we fell into darkness," Cepheus reprimands.
    "I apologize for my brashness. I should've been smarter," Gemini apologizes.
    "It's alright. I implore you, all of you, to be more careful with your words next time around," Cepheus pleads.
    "We will. Is there anything else we should know about?" I state.
    "There is so much more! But, we are running out of time. Let me do my best to summarize," Cepheus answers before he states, "Never show too much PDA. That means no long kisses. Simple pecks are fine. And, yes you can hold hands and occasionally hug. Next, you must always bow to a person before you speak to them. After you finish bowing, you shake hands and introduce yourself. If you want to leave the conversation, you must wait til a lull in the conversation and bow to the person as you politely mention another engagement."
    Arête cuts in as he states,"However, that's just when your speaking one on one with someone. Once people find out who you are, almost everyone will try to talk to you at once. Be careful with who you choose to speak to. Some people will never let a lull in conversation occur."
    "Alright, so we have to watch our PDA and our speech. Is that it?" Leo summarizes.
    "There's one more thing," Calypso answers before she continues with, "You must never and I mean never insult the elders, whether to their face or not. They will find out."
    "Don't look so glum guys. It's still a celebration! We are honoring you and sending you off. Try your best to follow these rules. Hopefully, it will be enough," Cepheus states as we reach the ballroom.
    "Follow closely behind us. I'll tell the guard to announce your arrival," Cepheus states as he goes through the large archway with Arête, Calypso, and Asterope.
    The archway leads to a short in length but tall in height hallway, which at the end is the ballroom. We follow a bit of a ways behind our Atlantean friends. I can tell that while we are excited, we are also nervous. Our actions at the ball could prevent us from going to Babylon later on. Nonetheless, we do not have a choice. We must go to this celebration. It will be fun as well as frightening. I honestly hope I get to dance with Libra or at least one of girls that I know. Anyway, there's no time to worry because we are about to be introduced.
    "Now announcing the long await arrival of the Zodiacs and their allies! First we have Aries Red and Gemini Nature!" the announcer pauses as the entire ball room claps as Aries and Gemini descend the stair case leading to the dance floor.
    "Next we have Taurus Nature and Aquarius Wind!" the announcer exclaims. Like Aries and Gemini, Taurus and Aquarius receive applause as they descend the stairs.
    "Following them are Leo Calded and Virgo Wood!" the announcer shouts as Virgo and Leo enter the room and descend the large staircase.
    "Then we are blessed with the appearance of Sagittarius Incendo and Capricorn Silva!" the announcer boasters as Cap and Sagi swiftly descend the staircase.
    "Following them are Pisces Hypra and Scorpio Morulus!" the announcer exclaims as Pisces and Scorpio descend the staircase.
    "The last of Zodiacs but surely not the least are Cancer Meriden and Libra Dalbo!" the announcer boasters as I and Libra hold hands and descend the same staircase as everyone else had.
    "Now, let's give a warm welcome to their allies: Perseus Hypra and Aphros Dimen!" the annoucer shouts as Perseus and Aphros join the rest of us at the bottom of the stairs.
    The crowd keeps up its applause until King Narcissus states, "My people I present you the people who saved us! Tonight, we eat, drink, and dance in their honor! Please find your seats in the dining we will begin the meal at once!"

Hello! I hoped you all enjoyed this chapter! I'm sorry it's a bit late. Stay tuned for the next update (Day 5)!