Chapter 86

Scorpio POV: Getting Ready {Part 2}
    As I am whisked away with the other boys, I wave goodbye to Pisces. She waves back. Cancer, Perseus, Sag, Leo, Aries, Aquarius, Aphros, and I are lead by the man through a long hallway and into a large room.
    "You will all be presented with a male maid. He will help you prepare for the celebration," the man states.
    With that, eight Atlantean men appear and are given to us. Mine smiles at me. He's a about an inch shorter than me but more muscular than I am. He has the same tan skin and white hair as the others. However, his is kept short and has golden and blue streaks in it. His eyes are electric blue. Golden swirls cover his arms and hands.
     "I am Damian. I will be helping you get ready," Damian states as we shake hands.
    "Thank you, but I'm sure I won't need too much help," I reply.
    "Of course. Follow me to the baths and let's get you washed up. I'll put in something special to help with your sore muscles."
    "How did you know that my muscles are sore?"
    "I can see it in the way you walk, the way you all walk. You have been through a lot. If you think about it, it's kind of like your body is trying to adjust with its loss."
    "That makes sense. My muscles have been stressed since I gave my ten years."
    "For that, we thank you, and we are here to help you with its effects."
    "You don't have to do that."
    "I must. It's an honor to help you."
    With that, the convention fades away. Damian leads me a screen, where I strip and tie a towel around my waist. Then, I am brought to large bathing pool. Three humongous shells line the walls. Damian retrieves seven bottles from the first, a large bowl from the second, and sponge from the third. First, he mixes six of the bottles together in the bowl. He puts it aside as he reaches for the last bottle. He uncorks its just before he pours it contents into my hair. He rubs it into my hair and my scalp. As I rise my hair off, he dips the sponge in concoction he just made. He hands me the sponge. I rub it over my body. Once I hand it back to him, I rise myself off. We exchange a smile as he hands me my towel. I once again wrap it around my waist. I receive another towel for my hair. I dry it as we walk to a dressing table.
    "It's time for some magic! And boy, your hair needs some!" Damian exclaims as he sits me down.
    I look around to see all of the other guys getting their hair cut, dyed, or adding highlights. I look into the mirror wondering what Damian will do to my hair. I keep it a bit longer than some of the other guys.
    "Don't worry. I won't cut it too short," Damian states as he reaches for his scissors. He can see that I am still worried.
    "I told you to not worry. I'll have you looking so handsome that all the girls will be flocking to you!" He adds.
    I laugh before I state, "I only need one of those girls to flock to me."
    "And who are we talking about?"
    "Pisces."
    "The beauty with brown hair, fair skin, and blue eyes?"
    "Hey, she's my girl."
    "Don't worry: I've got my own."
    "What's her name?"
    "Well, she's not mine yet. But, hopefully after tonight she will be."
    "I could give you some advice if you want. I mean I've been dating Pisces for almost a year now. I must be doing something right."
    "That would be great! I mean I'm kind of nervous. I don't want to mess anything up."
    With that, I do my best to answer all of his questions. I give my best pointers and advice that I can give. Throughout the hair cut, I learn so much about Damian. He's quite fearless. He told me about his time in the resistance, his exile, and his return. It's amazing to hear about all that he has done. Any girl would be enthralled by him. I know he'll do great. However, as I talk with Damian, I begin to notice how much I've changed. And it's not just my appearance. My character has changed because of everything I've been through and because I have fallen in love with Pisces. I know that we are young, but together, with the rest of our friends, we have been through so much. I'm surprised one of us haven't died yet. I am also surprised about how much love she shows me. I can't remember anyone loving so unconditionally as she does. Sure, my foster parents loved me and my friends love me, but it isn't the same. And I know that I love her unconditionally too. That's the best part: to love the person who loves you back without any doubt. At the moment, things have taken a short break. However, Aapeli is still out there. And Babylon is still in danger, just like Atlantis was.
    Damian pulls me from my thoughts as he states, "Scorpio, you're all done."
    I look at myself in the mirror once again to see my new hair. It frames my face perfectly. My face has changed quite a bit. My features have harden, but I'm still that boy who started out on this journey.
    "I look great! I'm sure Pisces will love it!" I exclaim as I stand.
    "She definitely will. Let's get you dressed. We are dressing the water signs in blue, if that's alright with you?" Damian asks.
    "Blue's perfect," I reply.
    "Good. Follow me please."
    Damian leads me back to my screen. We pass Aphros, whose hair has some blue and white streaks in it. Then, we pass the fire signs getting their hair touched up. They are all dressed in magnificent red/orange suits that have golden swirls all over them. I pass Perseus and Aquarius talking with Cancer. Aquarius purple is suit is just as stunning as Perseus's black one and Cancer's blue one. I honestly think they have never looked so good! I hope I will look just as good. Once we have reached the screen, Damian gives my suit. I change into it behind the screen. When I come out, Damian presents me with a long mirror.
    He smiles at me as he exclaims, "Pisces won't be able to resist you!"
    "I hope so! Thank you for everything! Blue and silver are definitely my colors," I state with hope and gratitude.
    "We best be going. We have to meet the girls in less than forty seconds!" Damian adds with distress as he checks his watch.
    As we run to the atrium, Damian is doing his best to fill me on all of the ceremonies and celebrations that will go on tonight. His summaries are pretty good. I just hope that it is enough for me to not make a fool of myself. I reach the atrium with ten seconds to spare. I slide next to Cancer as Damian stands with the other male maids. They are staying to teach us some simple Atlantean dances. They're just waiting for the female maids just like we're waiting for our girlfriends. Silence comes into the room as I, along with the other guys, hear some quite conversions and laughter. The girls are coming! I can't wait to see Pisces. She always looks so beautiful that she takes my breath away. And I know that tonight will be no different. I just hope that I take her breath away too.

Hello! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. There's a lot more to come! Just a friendly reminder, I will be publishing a chapter daily until January 5th for my 12 Days of Christmas. As always, new chapter soon. Bye!