Chapter nine: Kovu

Caroline's POV
Janja huffed angrily at what I did. Probably wanting to be under me too. That's when I realized something was off. Everyone else was playing as if nothing happened. I stalked around the place. Then I remembered. Didn't this guard happen before Kovu and Kiara meet. I began to run at a roars.

In the midst of it all, Simba was shielding his daughter from Zira, an outsider. The difference an outsider is from the outlanders is basically nothing.

They are all greedy tyrants. By Zira's side was her son. It was Kovu. And by Simba's side was Kiara. They both looked terrified. I know why, because these two are enemies. Zira was banished for helping Scar make Kovu, Nuka, and Vitiani.

I padded out of the thickets and Zira looked at me. " Leave!" She snarled. Simba glanced at me, though it looked as if he was glaring at me.

" She's dangerous, Caroline." Simba growled, teeth bared at Zira. Zira also bared her fangs at Simba. " Leave my daughter alone!" Simbas haunches were now low on the ground. Man Simba is really protective of her. Could the rumors be true that he had a kid or two before Kion and Kiara?

I heard one was called Kopa and he was assumed dead. According to the rumors, Zira attacked him for meeting with her child, Vitaini. If he was not dead, then he was missing. But I'm pretty sure it's because Kiara is his first child and he is being overprotective.

Then the two leaders talked and Simba and Zira picked up their cub and led them away from each other. It's kinda sad. The Kopa story. Even though it might not be true. Zira kicked me. She is so not good with children.

" Who are you?" Kovu yowled. I picked up my pace in a run and yowled back. " Caroline!" Then Kovu whispered my name and smiled. He waved a paw good bye to me. I dipped my head to him. Then I raced back to Kion and my friends.