Chapter twenty-five: Sneaking away from the Keenest of Sight

Caroline's POV
It has been two weeks. No luck with finding our friend. Dogo was really depressed. He has barely eaten anything in the past two weeks. " Come on Dogo!" I tried to encourage him. " Eat just one more bite! Jasiri doesn't want you to starve to death, buddy," I continued. He just sighed and whimpered and moved to where I couldn't see his face.

Refusing to eat. " I will leave it to you," I mewed. I walked away. Chase stopped me before I got very far. " Now. I want you to meet me now," Chase meowed.

I nodded. We began to sneak away. But then," Caroline! The guard needs you!" Ono crowed. I nodded. " It will have to wait," I whispered in his ear. I raced away to help them with a zebra who was stuck under a big rock. Then I ran back over to Chase. Then Ono needed my help again. This is getting annoying! It's like Kion is telling Ono to keep me and Chase apart.

Come to think of it, the second thing I was called to was a meeting about what to do next. And how to sleep right. That's obviously an excuse just to keep me away from Chase.

Now, since Ono is the keenest of sight. I think I should avoid him. Chase and I agreed to sneak out that night. I stepped as lightly as I could and avoided Ono completely. I raced out of the cave in case someone saw. I meet Chase by a tree and we continued to walk until we reached a certain watering hole.