Chapter twenty-one: Rise up Rise up

Blacki's POV
Mwepesi turned to me when we entered some sort of icky cave. " Now remember, we might have to fight our way through. And also we might have to fight a huge evil animal when we find the gate of peace," she said.

Huh?! Why is it called the gate of peace if we have to fight an evil animal? " Ok, got it!" I woofed. She led the way, whacking me once again with her tail. What is with this coma fox and tails? Does she like hitting males until they bleed?

My paw steps were beginning to move faster. Muck was filling my claws and ooze was filling in my pelt. I looked ahead at the pretty fox in front of me. Mwepesi's pelt was covered in black. Now she looks like a brown hot fox. Not that she's cute or anything.

We padded on for a while. Not a word between two friendly strangers. Suddenly she stopped. " What is it?" I asked feeling protective of my new m...friend. Yeah, friend. " We are reaching the final place. This is where that creature lurks and this is where the gate of peace is." She barked.

" Oh. We should be careful," I proclaimed. She nodded. " Yeah, but we have to fight this creature. It won't let anyone go for free," she said. Suddenly I heard a roar. A black lion leaped out of no where. " Leave! No one gets out of here! No one gets out of here without a fight! Leave my territory!" It snarled, it's claws long like those weird bladed things Caroline told me about.

" We have to get to the gate of peace. Let us pass!"I growled, my claws readying attack. " No! You aren't going anywhere, strangers!" The lion roared. He pawed the ground and we both fell over. This is going to suck.

Mwepesi looked over at me. " I forgot to mention that this black lion has unnatural powers for any lion," she woofed. That's not true. The lion guard has unnatural powers. Like speed and roars. Then the battle began. I ran at the lion, but he shook the ground. I fell. Not only was I mad but my pride hurt. I growled.

I jumped and began tearing at his ear. Blood began flowing out of its wounds. Brown blood. It roared and pawed the ground, but it didn't affect me. I was on it. I clawed at the lions face. The lion roared and collapsed. The gate of peace glowed and I ran to it. So did Mwepesi. We leaped through it, but I felt fangs on my tail, and I realized the black lion had followed us to the portal.