Chapter twenty-three: Everything comes alive

Caroline's POV
We searched and searched all day, but we found nothing. Most members were getting tired and Jasiri. Of course I was getting tired. We all walked back to the cave. Failure. Pure failure. I was angry at myself. My nose didn't find anything. I bet Ono was mad at himself as well.

I was about to walk inside the cave, when Chase walked in front of me.  I tried to walk past him, but he kept popping up in front of me. " What do you want?" I asked him. I'll admit, I did rudely talk in front of Chase.

And I was pretty exhausted. " Sorry. It's just, can I talk to you, alone?" Chase asked me longingly. Chases ears were flat. And his eyes did not want to leave my eyes.

" Uhhhh....." I began. " Please?!" Chase begged, his nose nuzzling my cheek. I can't say no to him. I cant! " Uh ok. But I still am tired," I pointed out. Chase nodded and led me away from the cave and the Pride Rock.

He walked until we reached the outskirts of the Outlands. " Well?" I asked, getting really impatient. Chase just stared at me, mouth wide open.

I sat down, awaiting what my...friend would say. " Uhhh... I was wondering if you would uhhh...come with me really soon to...Uhhh a secret spot to meet alone," Chase mewed. I tipped my head. " What for?" I asked Chase.

Chase moved backward. " Just meet me at a secret location ok?!" Chase yowled. " Ok. When exactly," I asked. Chase went closer and in my ear. He whispered, " I will let you know when. I just want to be alone with you."

" Uhh, we should be going back right now," I said. " Oh, yeah, right." Chase said. I'm not sure if that was awkward or if he just paused to be funny. Chase curled his long tail over mine and squeezed it once before he walked back to the cave.