Chapter thirty-one: Heartache

( ok we are officially having a record of chapters starting now! And we are starting on our way to seventy chapters!)
Blacki's POV
My mom had protected me from that snake. Her eyes closed. My lip quivered. I was afraid. I didn't know what we could do. " She got poisoned, let's bring her to Rafiki," Kion stated, as Beshte lifted her up.

I leaped on Beshte's shoulder so I could get a glimpse of my dying mother. " M-mother! You didn't have to save me," I whispered in her ear.

Her gray head lifted and she nuzzled my face. " Yes I did. Not only are you part of a prophecy, but you are also my son. And I am proud that you are nothing at all like your father." She rasped to me. I whimpered.

" Mom." I breathed. Beshte sniffed. " That was beautiful Bluey!" He said. " And even if I die. I will die knowing that you are my son, and that my son will make me prouder than I have ever known Shadow," Blue Fire continued. Night walked up, and pressed her muzzle against Blue Fire's snout.

We all reached Rafiki's den. " Hurry! We have to save her!" I said bouncing nervously outside of the den.

" Twende kiboko," Beshte said, running as fast as he could inside the den. " Rafiki, Rafiki!" Bunga called, racing into the den. " What?! What?! What's so important that you had to interrupt what I was doing?" Rafiki asked.

" Blue Fire got bit by a poisonous snake!" Kion roared. " Oh! Bring her over here!" Rafiki ordered us. " No need to hurry," Blue Fire whispered. It's as if my mother knows that she will die and that she is ok with dying.

Beshte placed me and my mom down. " Hmmm. Yes. I'm sorry guys. I wish I could help, but there is nothing I can do. She is going to die," Rafiki sadly told us. I want to cry right now. " Oh." I said with disappointment.

Blue Fire once again cried out in pain.