I'm scared (part 3) (kids)

Extra note: the twins are around the age of 3 and Nadia is around the age of 6 here.

Pairing: Roman x Fem!Reader

Warnings: mention of blood, and apart from that; none, it's just Roman being hella cute with his kids.

---

Roman's POV

"I'm gonna go now." Y/N said to me with a smile, as she walked up towards me. "Are you sure you're gonna be okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah totally."

She leaned in to give me a kiss and I watched the three kids run towards her to kiss and hug her goodbye. Y/N and I had been watching the kids together practically non stop, or Peter would stop by to help out. But today, I was on my own.

"Dad?!" Nadia yelled as she ran up to me and jumped next to me on the couch. "Can we do a puppet-show?"

"Yes!" the twins cheered together, while running around the couch.

I chuckled, "We sure can! Why don't you go get the puppets, Nadia. And we will get something to drink, okay?"

Nadia nodded and ran off upstairs, to her room. I took the twins with me to the kitchen, each one holding one of my hands, and handed them their cups.

"Daddy?" Isaac asked, as he looked up at me with puppy eyes. "Which story?"

I crouched and looked at his and his brother Oliver. "I don't know, which story do you want to hear?"

The twins looked at each other and nodded. "Dracula and wolf story!"

I quietly snorted and slightly shook my head. "Sure, Nadia knows that story very well."

It wasn't really a 'real' Dracula and wolf story, but more what Peter and I had been through in the past. I had been having nightmares about it for years and to make sure the kids wouldn't get scared, we had made up some stuff and crafted a happy ending for everyone.

The twins and I walked back to the living room, where Nadia was setting up everything.

"Guess which story the guys want to hear?" I asked Nadia as I helped her.

"Dracula and wolf?" she asked with a smirk.

I poked her nose with my pointer finger. "Yup."

She had almost set up everything and dragged a few puppets with her behind the cardboard 'theater stage'/ I quickly got her something to drink and grabbed a non see-through cup with a lid for myself. Y/N and I had discussed that it was for the best that the kids didn't see that I was drinking blood every now and then. We'd much rather explain them when they were older.

The twins were sitting on the couch, sipping their juice and Nadia had started the show. I had to be the Dracula and she wanted to play Peter.

After half an hour, and a happy ending with lots of cheering, the twins got bored and wanted to play hide and seek through the whole house.

I had counted to twenty and started looking for the kids.

Several times, I pretended to not see Isaac being the curtain. But when he sneezed, he got a little mad and started a tantrum.

"Hey buddy, you wanna go help me find your brother and sister?" I asked him, wiping off the tear on his cheeks.

He quietly subbed and nodded. He wrapped his arms around my neck and I carried him through the house, while we went looking for Nadia and Oliver.

"Olly is there." Isaac whispered in my ear, and I turned around to see Oliver under Nadia's bed.

"We found you!" I smiled. Isaac was still holding on to me tightly, and Oliver insisted on sitting on my shoulders. So with a lot of trial and error, the twins were both hanging on and around me.

"Nadia?" Oliver yelled, as he carefully tried to hold onto my hair. "Where are youuuu?"

"Nadia." Isaac yawned.

"Do you want go to bed, Isaac?" I mumbled, before kissing the top of his head. I saw him nod.

So I went to Isaac and Oliver's bedroom and tucked in Isaac for his nap. I gave him a kiss and he almost immediately fell asleep.

Oliver wasn't tired at all and he had been searching for Nadia the whole time. I heard some noises coming from the basement and Oliver's laugh.

"Daddy!!" he screamed, with a massive chuckle. "I found Nadia!"

I quickly closed the bedroom door and rushed over to the basement. There, I found Nadia in between a bunch of boxes with christmas decorations. The was trying to get out, but dragged along most f the boxes. Making them fall on the ground, open.

"Shee-it." Nadia mumbled, and she looked up at me, a little bit scared of my reaction to the broken decorations.

In stead, I started laughing. "Nadia, what did you say?"

"Shee-it?" she asked, rather than she said.

"How the hell do you know that word?" I asked her, tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks. Nadia looked at me and chuckled as she ran up to me.

"You and uncle Peter say it ALL the time! Why? Is it bad? Are you mad at me, dad?"

I shook my head, "No sweetie. I'm not mad at all. It was just funny hearing you say it."

I lifted Oliver and grabbed Nadia's hand. "I'll clean this up later. Let's go back upstairs and watch a movie."

Four hours and one and a half movie later, Y/N came home. She walked into the living room, where I was sitting on the couch with a sleeping Oliver laying on me and a 'about to feel asleep' Nadia crawled against me.

We had put on a Spider-Man movie, but it looked like none of us had the energy to really watch it.

"How did it go, babe?" Y/N asked me, sitting down next to me and pressing her lips on mine.

"It went really well. But I'm tired." I said with a satisfied sigh.

"I can imagine." she chuckled. She lay her head on my shoulder and brushed away Oliver's hair that was in his face.

I carefully put my arm around her, not waking Oliver. "Nadia learned a new word."

Y/N looked up a little bit, to Nadia. "Oh, what is it?"

Nadia smirked at her and said, "Shee-it."