Olivia

Pairing: Roman x Fem!Reader

Warnings: alcohol

---

"You ready?" you asked Roman as you opened the front door of your apartment.

He sighed and walked up to you. "I really don't get why you want to meet my mother."

"Because she's your mom." you smiled. "We've been dating for what, almost a year now, and I've never even met her!"

Roman scoffed, "Trust me, you don't want to."

"Why's that?" you asked, walking up to Roman's car and getting in.

Roman started the car and drove off. "Because she hates everyone, and I don't want her hating on you."

Once arrived at the Godfrey mansion, you got out of the car and intertwined your fingers with Roman's as the two of you walked up to the door.

You pressed a quick kiss on Roman's lips as he rang the doorbell. "It's going be fine!"

A tall woman with long, straight black hair opened the door and gave the two of you a wide smile. "Roman, Y/N. How lovely. Do come in."

Roman took your coat and hang it on the peg, along with his. You followed Olivia to the living room and took a seat on the couch.

You gave the room a quick look. "You have a beautiful house, Mrs. Godfrey."

"Thank you dear." she replied. "And please call me Olivia. Mrs. Godfrey sounds so old."

You chuckled along with her. "Of course."

Roman sat down next to you with a soft sigh. You pecked his cheek and mumbled that it was going to be alright.

Olivia got up form her chair. "Would you like something to drink? Coffee? Tea? Something stronger?"

She chuckled at the last word and you heard Roman sigh again.

"Let's stick with coffee." he said, knowing he wouldn't want you to drink too much alcohol.

"Actually." you begun. "I would love some wine, please."

"Excellent." Olivia said. "Do you have a preference?"

You noticed Roman giving you a look, so you took his hand and laced your fingers with his. "I'll have what you're having. I'm sure you have a great taste in wines."

A few minutes later, Olivia came back carrying a tray with two wineglasses, a bottle of wine and a coffee.

"How did you meet?" Olivia asked as she sat down and pour in some wine for you and herself. You took a small sip of the wine and smiled. It was actually a really good one.

"Y/N was walking back home from an extra class she was taking. "Roman started. "And it was raining and freezing cold. I drove by and stopped to ask if I could give her a ride or something."

"At first I didn't want that." you added. "Because I didn't know him and god knows what he was going to do to me. So I asked him for some ID, so I would know his full name. And I told him my dad's a police officer, so he would be able to find him if he did anything to me."

"Which was a total lie." Roman chuckled. "But I didn't know that back then."

You took another sip of your wine. "This wine is fantastic by the way."

"I'm glad you like it, dear." Olivia smiled.

"Anyways, she got in the car and I brought her home." Roman then said, putting his arm around your shoulders. "She thought I was pretty hot, so she asked me out."

You gave Roman a gentle push. "Everyone knows that's not true. You practically begged me to go on a date with you."

"Typical Roman." Olivia scoffed with a smile.

"Okay fine, I asked you." Roman sighed. "And the rest is history."

Olivia put her empty wineglass on the table. "That's wonderful. So Y/N, what extra class are you taking?"

"Art." you replied. "Focusing mainly on paintings and painters, rather than other forms of art."

"Finally someone who appreciates a good painting." she chuckled as she looked at Roman. "Roman was never really into that."

"Oh, I know." you snickered. "I've tried to take him to this museum downtown, which has some great works done by Dali, one of my absolute favorites, but Roman thinks it's weird."

Olivia slowly shook her head. "Don't waste your time on that, dear. Why don't we go together some time? I've been dying to see that exposition."

---

"Seriously, what's your secret?" Roman asked you as the two of you were back at your apartment.

"What secret?" you smiled.

He pressed a kiss on your lips. "My mother loves you, invited us over for dinner next week and wants to go to an exposition with you. How did you do that?"

You shrugged. "I don't know, I'm probably just super likable when it comes to the Godfreys."

You made a funny face at Roman and he pulled you into a hug. "I'm really glad she adores you!"