t w o

🌿🌻🌿

「4歳」

This was it.

Today was the day that Tyler finally got to go to pre-school with Joshua Dun, his neighbor, but more importantly, his first real friend.

After their first encounter in the beginning of the year, Joshua kept coming over to the Joseph household to play, and from then on Tyler got used to the curly haired brunet's presences. Tyler even joined the Dun's household for Joshua's birthday in June, so yeah, they were on friend-level basis.

But.

There was a huge smile on Joshua's face when they were being dropped off, holding onto Tyler's hand tight as they stared in wonder and excitement. And as soon as their mothers got done with talking to the teacher, they both leveled down to their boys, who snapped their doe-eyed gazes to them quickly as they spoke.

"Alright boys, your first day of pre-school!" Joshua's mother said, Tyler's mother soon joining in.

"Make sure you have fun you two, okay?" Turning her soft eyes to her child, and laying her hand gently against her cherry cheeked son, thumb rubbing into the soft skin. "I love you, honey buns, I'll pick you up as soon as the clock strikes 12:30."

"'Kay. M'love you, mommy."

She smiled, standing up as she ran a hand through his soft curls, Joshua's mother saying her sweet goodbye to her son with a spit slicked kiss to his forehead, to which he giggled.

"And make sure you keep my son safe, Joshua!" Tyler's mother yelled as they waved off and out the door.

"I will!" He yelled back, the two brunet's hands tightly squeezing against one another.

The teacher quickly joining the two boys side, leveling to them as her smile brightened. "Alright, little ones, ready to join the rest of the class?"

Joshua's own smile was big and adorning as he eyed Tyler who gave him a hesitant expression in return. The curly brunet faltered slightly, lowering his mouth quickly to whisper softly in Tyler's ear. "M'here, Ty-Ty."

To which the cherry cheeked boy grinned slowly, closing the space between them to grab onto Joshua's sleeve with his other small hand, and entwined the hands that were connected tighter.

"We're ready!" Joshua softly said.

She nodded, eyeing the two boys before slide out her hand. "My name is Mrs. Green. Just ask me if you need anything! Now let's go have fun, okay?"

"'Kay!" Joshua connected his free hand the grab Mrs. Green's, following her as they went to join the rest of the class by the front, innocent eyes quickly meeting theirs.

Tyler cowered a bit, but Joshua only looked to the boy as they finally went to sit down, and kissed his forehead to calm him.

"You're safe, Ty-Ty."

The cherry cheeked boy only cuddled to Joshua's side as the innocent eyes dispersed and Mrs. Green's voice echoes through their small ears.

🌿🌻🌿