f o r t y o n e

🌿🌻🌿

「13歳 continued」3/3

They slept back to back that night.

Tyler fell asleep faster than Joshua, who stayed up with silent tears running down his face. It felt like his little was far away, but in reality, he was so close. A inch apart. It echoed, the feeling, running through his bones and aching them.

It didn't smell like honey anymore.

Joshua tried to peak over if Tyler was looking at him, or peaking himself, but he never did, and that hurt him.

It hurt him a lot.

The curly brunet just wanted to feel the warmth of his little love. The light in his giggle, and the way they smiled at one another before their eyes fluttered shut, and they dreamed of nothing but themselves.

Joshua ended up sniffling, and for a moment, it was silent, and then he felt the warmth of Tyler scooting back a bit. Their backs touched silently, and Joshua fluttered his eyes.

And as slowly as the heaviness overflowed their minds, their limbs beginning to grow week, and soft breaths hitting the fabric of their sleeping bags. The crackling of the fire dying out, and their parents chatter becoming whispers. Wind filling their ears, and airing out into silence.

They fell asleep.

When the night grew to daylight, the cold clouds creating mist, and dispersing by the time the families woke up.

Joshua woke up to an empty tent, and the cold feeling was back.

He was missing Tyler's touch.

With curls messy and mind fuzzy, he entered the cold morning with adoring smiles his way, and gentle giggles.

"Hello, sleepyhead, how did you sleep?" His mother softly called out to him as she was sitting on the bench preparing breakfast.

Joshua grumbled, wiping away the delicate dust upon his eyes, and shrugging in his slacked stance. "Could've been better."

She looked to him with worry before sighing and running a hand through his tired curls, kissing his forehead for love. "Well, I hope today is the day, love."

"It will be." Joshua said sternly before gazing his eyes around him, taking in his surroundings before feeling his heart drop. "Where's daisy?"

His mother smiled before gently pulling her boy between her legs, and ruffling up his hair, and wiping it back with her warm palms. "He's playing with River in the forest, Tyler and River's father is with them."

"Oh." Joshua simply said, a bit defeated and he suddenly found interest in his fumbling fingers.

"Hey." His mother softly said, pulling up his chin to meet her delicate gaze, and giving him a small smile. "He'll come around, Tyler loves you a lot, just give him a bit more time, okay?"

Joshua was hesitant, rocking back and forth before finally sighing. "I-I wanted to take him to see the stars tonight, on the cliff, if it wasn't too much to ask?"