t w e n t y f i v e

🌿🌻🌿

「9/8歳 continued」; 3/3

Their eyes reflected the illuminated neon colors, bright and heavenly as they ran forward, their fingers entwined tightly together. Mother's shouting for their boys not to stray too far, but unheard as they laughed in excitement for what was in front of them.

"Jishwa!? Are we really going on there?!" Tyler squealed, bouncing excitedly as Joshua pulled him close, and gently smooshing a wet kiss on his little loves cherry cheek.

"Yes, we are, daisy!" Joshua giggled, peering back to there mother's who were finally right there with them, and their father's barely catching up, eyes gleaming back at Tyler. "All the way to the top!"

And the cherry cheek brunet gasped, a heavenly smile on his face, dimples dipping in so beautifully when he puckered his lips to place a quick kiss to his love's cheek, returning the innocent gesture.

"What're we waiting for then!?" Tyler exclaimed, tugging Joshua forward as their mother's giggled softly at them.

"Slow down there, boys, your mother's have to be in the same gondola!"

"'Kay!" They screamed in unison, finding the line quite easily in the midst of a sunset glow flourishing their bodies, giving them a beautiful orange tint to their skin, and eyes squinting from the ray.

Joshua desperately tried to stand in front of the smaller boy in attempt to block out the harsh ray's from the doe-eyes he adored.

Tyler would giggle out a 'thank you' each time.

"Are you boy's excited?" Tyler's mother peered to them, giving them a gentle smile.

"Very!" Joshua squealed, his breath short as he continued. "I can't wait for Ty-Ty to see the view!"

Tyler jumped excitedly, "I wanna see the sun before it goes all the way down!"

Joshua gasped, pulling Tyler in closer as he set another delicate kiss to his little love's cherry cheek. "You will, Ty-Ty, I'm gonna make sure of it!"

Their parents laughed along so heavenly and understandingly.

And finally, they were stepping inside the large gondola, caged and secured, parents right behind them as they took a seat, eyes squinting in happiness at their boys.

Tyler squealed as his hands found the wires of the cage, slipping his small, thin fingers through them and smiling huge as they began to move. "J-Jishwa! We're moving, Jishwa!"

Joshua only giggled, hand covering Tyler's as he put his own hands on the cage. Both of their eyes seemed to move to everything around, not missing a single thing, and the sun, oh gosh, the sun was absolutely stunning.

They were blown away from its beauty.

The only sound between them was their small gasp, and as they finally reached the tippy top, the ferris wheel stopping and giving them this gorgeous view of the whole park. And the older peered slightly to his little love, heart pounding in his chest as he payed attention to the way Tyler glowed in the sunlight.

Joshua Dun, at the age of 9, fell in love with his best friend, and finally knew what it really meant.

It was the beam in Tyler's eyes as he spoke to Joshua. It was the pitch of his little love's giggle whenever they would find something amusing. It was their mindless talk in the middle of the night through a plastic contraption. It was the flowers that Tyler would always place delicately in his hair. It was the memorable smile that Tyler would have on his cherry cheek face.

It was the ache in his chest when he wasn't around his little love.

"I love you, Tyler."

💫

Against a fleece, green blanket, their backs found safety and another, covering their small bodies, overwhelming them in warmth. Stars bright and conversation blaring around them, but they were in their own little world. Hands entwined tightly together like always.

Always.

But, something was different, they were quiet, lips sealed as their beaming eyes gazed at the night sky. Joshua's thumb rubbed small circles into the back of Tyler's hand, against the soft skin, slowly.

Ever-so-carefully.

"Do you think there's aliens out there, Jishwa?" And his voice was hesitant, and beautifully in tune like angels were sprouting from his throat.

"Aliens exist alright, Ty-Ty." Joshua giggled, continuing on as he peered to his little love. "Because m'one!"

Tyler laughed along, pressuring his forehead to his love, and smiling as his cheeks grew even opaque with red. "Jishwa's an alien!"

Joshua grinned, delicately placing a kiss to the tip of Tyler's nose, making the boy scrunch his nose, his eyes squinting so innocently.

And suddenly, as Joshua pulled the blanket closer to them, bodies huddling tightly together, and breath in their own. Tyler leaned his head against Joshua's as the fireworks began, and music echoed all around them. Idle chattered settled, and finally the colors flourished their eyes.

One by one, they popped in the sky, beautiful and absolutely stunning. Orbs paying close attention, and innocently giggles arising in the cold air above them in a cloud. The blanket was pulled closer, and Joshua, the smitten boy he was, pulled Tyler closer and relished in the view in front of them.

"It's so beautiful, Jishwa."

The older boy's eyes locked to his little love, happiness overflowing his chest. "It really is, Ty-Ty."

Their eyes met once again, squinty and pure.

And finally.

"M-May I kiss you?"

Joshua's heart was in his throat again, and as Tyler hesitantly nodded, their lips slowly connecting, and the feeling slipped away just as fast. A peck, a gentle, delicate peck, and a giggle escaping them both. Chest's fluttering and eyes shutting from the pressure of their lavender licked laughs.

"Happy birthday, Jishwa."

Joshua smiled.

Sweet, innocent love.

🌿🌻🌿