f o r t y t h r e e

🌿🌻🌿

「15/14歳」

They played it safe.

Easing into their surroundings and getting a feel of the high school air around them.

Joshua was cautious with Tyler at first, making sure he had his lunch, had his schedule, made sure he knew where his locker and classes were; where to meet Joshua if he needed him. The people around them didn't pay no mind, fresh meat was always a detail in conversation amongst the student body, but the administration did it's best with keeping the juniors and seniors calm.

Every body was pretty nice so far.

Tyler was still a bit self-aware though. Still having a nervous twitch in his hands or eyes if he thought about it a bit too much. An itch for his boyfriend and his heavenly words, but knew they were going to be separated in a lot of their classes, because that's how high school works, you never may have the same classes with your friends and it sucks.

The cherry cheek brunet kept a heavy heart as his voice was quiet amongst the talkative classmates, who he knew and grew up with. His class itself knew Tyler wasn't a very talkative person without Joshua next to him, but luckily River had his very first period with the small boy; photography. All while Joshua had algebra for his first period, and it was a very relaxed day, because usually the first week of freshmen year, they let the students ease in until the second week.

"Don't worry, Ty-Guy, these four years will pass by us so fast!" River said enthusiastically, getting a small smile from the cherry cheek brunet.

"I know, I just can't help the jitters."

River nudges Tyler slightly and the boy gave an angelic laugh that filtered the grey room with a bit of light to the air.

It seemed less dense when he did.

"You'll see Joshua next period, English right, with Mrs. Rose?"

Tyler's cheeks rose in color of his boyfriend's name, hands wringing together and his smile ever growing, speaking dreamily of his love. "Yeah, I can't wait to see him."

River giggled, slightly flicking Tyler's forehead from his day dream, and getting a gasp from the cherry cheek boy as his hands rushed to rub his forehead.  "Rude."

"Only to those I love." And they both stuck their tongues at one another, the chatter surrounding them in the most lightest of ways, but dwelling in theirs.

"So..." River trailed off, scooting his chair closer to Tyler's and getting an exciting little giggle as he pulled Tyler's chair closer to his. "We're going to have this period all to ourselves."

"We'll take stupid photos of one another for each project we get." Tyler exclaims teasingly, only getting a rushing pout from the older brunet, and getting a burst of high cheeks and squinting eyes. "I'm kidding, Riv, I'll make sure you look amazing, but you have to promise me the same, 'kay?"

"You always look amazing, Ty-Guy, so that's no problem." River was grinning beautifully and Tyler bashfully slapped his arm, making the older brunet laugh into the thin air. "What!? I'm just telling you the truth, gorgeous."