t h i r t y o n e

🌿🌻🌿

「11/10歳」

It was around Fall time that Joshua seemed to notice the boy across the street, River is his name, but absolutely too preoccupied by his little love to even remember; that he was a threat.

A threat to the relationship of him and his cherry cheek love.

So, Joshua did everything in his power to pull the two away from every situation River pushed at them.

River would ask if he could come to one of their houses to play.

Joshua would tell River that Tyler was sick, and couldn't play, so he shouldn't come over, like at all.

Invited the two to have lunch with him?

Joshua would tell River that Tyler and him were going out that day, and sometimes that was true, but most of the times, it wasn't.

If the two would like to come out, and play hide 'n' seek?

Joshua would just tell River that Tyler and him already had something planned that day.

Oh, did his little love question Joshua's actions towards their new found "friend" (Joshua like to think of him as his nemesis) and desperately wanting to know why he was pushing River away.

Joshua would only shrug, and continue to attack Tyler with nimble kisses, because when was he not kissing Tyler and telling the boy sweet words to make those cherry cheek's bloom.

One day, on a bright, sunny afternoon of a beautiful Sunday, Joshua found himself doing his normal routine of that afternoon. Packing up some clothes for Monday, since they had school and their mother's loved to carpool the boys, and didn't mind the hassle of one being at the other's house. And the curly brunet was ready, small backpack handing from one his shoulders and a call to his mother that he was leaving for Tyler's house, which was excitingly next door.

When he got there though, something felt off, like something unknown was in his presence and he couldn't pinpoint what it was. So, with a heavy knock and a knot in his throat, he swallowed down the tingles. The purity answered him in no time, doe-eyes wide with happiness and cherry cheeks Joshua found so heavenly to see, but there was another voice.

A voice he didn't enjoy at all.

"Joshua!" River called from the couch where Tyler and him usually sit.

Their spot.

Joshua widened his eyes, staring at disbelief of the olive boy, and then back to his angelic little love.

"Jishwa! River came over unexpectedly to play, so now, we can play together!" The cherry cheek boy said obliviously.

"T-Ty-Ty, I-"

"Com'n, silly!" Tyler giggled, that beautiful tone filling Joshua's lungs as if it was air, and he took a big breath, holding tightly to Tyler's hand as the small brunet closed the front door. "Mommy went to the grocery store really quick, so she'll be back soon, but in the meantime, we can play!"