t h i r t e e n

🌿🌻🌿

「7/6歳 continued」; 4/6

When they do get to finally rest up from hiking for at least an hour, it's in an open spot, the blue sky peering off and out against more mountains, vast hills, and trees, so many trees.

Tyler's eyes are literally out of his skull as he stares in disbelief, his cheeks warm from walking so much, but as he rushed towards the edge, and was suddenly pulled back. Joshua looking at him with a angry expression, making Tyler give him a shock gasp.

"You can't just run towards the edge, Ty-Ty!" Joshua spoke harshly, pulling Tyler closer to his chest as he hugged him and getting attention from their parents as they were sitting on some rocks nearby. "Right here is fine."

"You boys be careful!" Tyler's father shouted.

"Yeah, just don't get any closer to that edge!" Joshua's father agreed.

Tyler whimpered against Joshua's chest, pouting a bit as the older boy sighed.

"M'sorry, Ty-Ty. Just don't scare me like that, okay?"

"'Kay, 'Kay, Jishwa." The cherry cheek brunet softly said, voice hesitant as he looked down to Joshua's light blue shirt, making him grin a little as his shirt matched his own.

"Wanna share that sandwich Mama brought us, and our juice boxes?" Joshua said happily after a moment, as if to cheer up his best friend, and the boy in his arms nodded hastily, looking up to him with a giggle.

They make their way over to their parents, their mothers acting quick to give them their snacks and within seconds, they were sat side by side, munching on their food and humming softly together.

Joshua took a moment, chewing his food and nudging Tyler with his shoulder, which caught the small boys attention.

"Wha', Jishwa?" He asked, eyes soft and mouth agape as soon as he swallowed down the bread.

And Joshua opened his mouth, showing off his food and making the cherry cheek brunet's face scrunch up in distaste.

"Ew, Jishwa, you're gross!" Tyler whined, turning away from the laughing curly brunet and continuing to munch on his food.

Joshua took a sip of his apple juice before clearing his throat with a small grin on his face. "You love me."

"Of cours' I do, Jishwa, but you're gross, so not right now." Tyler giggled a little at the end, a squeak present and Joshua felt his heart accelerate.

"'Kay then, Ty-Ty." Joshua smirked, leaning his head on Tyler's shoulder before chewing the rest of his sandwich right up.

The only sounds between them were the soft humming of Tyler's throat, tunes high with a mixture of delicacy, and the cicadas singing proudly to accompany the cherry cheek brunet.

But Joshua looked to Tyler, sweat beading down his forehead and the boy went to work quick, grabbing the hanky in his pocket and patting his younger friends forehead.

Tyler laughed, finishing up his sandwich before smiling at the curly brunet. Joshua grinned, patting the mustard that was left on the corner of Tyler's lips.

"All clean, bub." He said softly, pushing the hanky back into his pocket.

"T'ank you, Jishwa." Tyler mumbled, biting into his straw before sucking the sweetness in his mouth.

With small fingers, Joshua grabbed the flowers that were fit inside and fixed his cap, straying back the sweaty hair to place it gently on Tyler's head again. He placed the flowers back in, careful not ruin them and getting a timid giggle from his little love.

"Pretty."

And Tyler's cheeks were just more brighter than they usually were.

Much more brighter.

💫

Tyler looked to his burnt marshmallow and frowned, his brows close as he pouted and tears pricking at his eyes. Joshua noticed, gasping when he saw the burnt food before taking his out from the fire and seeing it perfectly cooked. He nudged Tyler, getting glossy eyes from the younger boy, and he smiled.

"You can have mine, Ty-Ty." Joshua leveled the marshmallow to the tips of Tyler's mouth, grinning when Tyler smiled big and munched on the soft food, but then taking Tyler's from him. "And now, I can have yours."

The curly brunet munched on the too-burnt-marshmallow, and Tyler made a distasteful face at him, eyes a bit worried.

"Y-You didn' have to eat that, Jishwa. It was burnt."

"But we shouldn't waste it, Ty-Ty." Joshua grinned, before leaning in and setting a gentle kiss on Tyler's temple. "Don't worry, I'll eat all the bad things for you so you don't have to!"

"But... But, Jishwa, you can't eat all the bad things for me!" Tyler said with a furrow of his brow and cheeks redden with surprise.

"Yes I can! And I will!" Joshua said triumphantly, a little cockiness showing off of him and Tyler suddenly staring in a amazement, with wide eyes as the curly brunet continued. "I'm a strong boy! I can take anythin' for you! You're gonna be safe and pretty all your life, Ty-Ty!"

Joshua suddenly turned to Tyler on the wooden log, taking the long, metal fork away from the small boy to put aside, their hands quickly connecting as Joshua stared at his little love with bright eyes.

"I pink swear to you that you're gonna have such a pretty life, Ty-Ty!" And the curly brunet held out his pinky and with glistening eyes, a small tear escaping his ducks as he connected his pinky with Joshua, a grin on the older's face.

"Pinky swear, Jishwa."

Once they locked pinkies, Joshua pulled Tyler close, making the small boy giggle and their parents smile their way, because they knew.

"Love you, Jishwa."

"Love you too, Ty-Ty."

They always knew.

🌿🌻🌿