t w e n t y t h r e e

🌿🌻🌿

「9/8歳」; 1/3

Joshua woke up with a smile, the sun twinkling in delicately through his navy blue curtains, and illuminating even the darkest corners of his room. The dust particles were lightened, visible, and in Joshua's view, eyes gleaming as he pushed himself up from his blue sheets to which they twirled around him, jumping from his Mount Everest sized bed with a hard thud against the ground. Toes curling and his arms springing up in a stance.

"And he sticks the landing!" Joshua joyfully shouts.

"Oh, Joshua!" A sing-songy voice echoed through the hallway.

"Mom!"

And right as the door bursted open, a mother's happiness seeped in, blooming the sunny room and her son flying through the air as she spun him in her arms.

"My birthday boy!" She laughed, eyeing her boy's honey eyes, and smiling heavenly at them, running her hand through the brunet's curls. "You're growing up too fast, my sunshine is already nine!"

"I'm still your baby, momma!" Joshua grinned, hugging his mother's waist lovingly.

"That you are!" Momma Dun agreed, kissing her Joshua's forehead and tightly wrapping her arms around him. "Now, why don't you get ready? We have a big day ahead of us don't we?"

"Disneyland!"

And his mother giggled, laying another sloppy kiss on her son's forehead, making the boy squeal. "Exactly, sunshine, but first pancakes with papa!"

Joshua hurrayed, laughing out strongly when he heard his father's heavy footsteps and shouting his son's name. And when he burst through the already opened door, his eyes glowed at the happiness rushing out of Joshua.

"Birthday boy!"

Golden.

💫

"Are we there yet?" Joshua pouted, lulling his head and resting it on Tyler's shoulder who was giggling profusely at his love, because it wasn't the first time Joshua had asked this.

But, their parents only laughed along.

Momma Dun turned back to the two happy boy's as well as Momma Joseph, Joshua's mother speaking ahead as her eyes gleamed. "I've already told you, sunshine, just a few more minutes. Do you think you can handle that?"

"We'll be there in no time." Momma Joseph encouraged brightly.

"No time is like forever!" Joshua said without any thought.

Tyler burst into a fit of giggles then, making their mother's smirk looking back their fathers, who were in the front seats of the vehicle, and whole-heartedly laughed.

Joshua's pout deepened, burying his face into Tyler's neck, the awkward angle and agonizing seatbelt pressuring him to further his groan. "Don't laugh at me, Ty-Ty."

"I-I'm-" Another heavenly giggle, smiling so angelic at the curly brunet. "M'sorry, Jishwa."

Joshua eyes averted, quickly setting them back on the honey orbs that he adored, cheeks ever blooming with red that Tyler seemed to always keep on his cheeks, a color Joshua always known for his little love, and all his beauty.

"S'fine, Ty-Ty. I can never be mad at you." And the curly brunet grinned, setting a delicate kiss on the corner of Tyler's smile.

Tyler gasped, giggling as he then gave a delicate kiss on the corner of Joshua's mouth, returning the sweet gesture with the innocence that surrounded them.

Joshua absolutely swoons over his little love.

Dreamily as he did, head finding Tyler's shoulder again, connecting their hands, tightly and warm, he breathed out a excited question.

"Are you ready to see Disneyland, Ty-Ty?"

"Yes!" The cherry cheek boy said enthusiastically. "We're gonna have so much fun, Jishwa!"

"Our tummies are gonna ache from all the happiness in our bodies!" Joshua concluded, bringing their hands to his lap to play with the soft skin of Tyler's hand, the odd angle a little hesitant to the younger one, since he was the only one in the booster seat.

Tyler didn't mind though, Joshua was gentle with his touch and it soothed every bone in his body, every stream of heavy thought. The cherry cheek boy always felt so safe when Joshua was there, and that was realistically all the time.

It made his chest warm.

"I can't wait to see the fireworks." Tyler mumbled happily, head lulling against Joshua's as he felt the older's boys thumb rub against his hand.

"The fireworks can't wait for you to see them, Ty-Ty." Joshua sighed, rubbing his cheek into Tyler's surprisingly comfortable shoulder. "They're gonna be so beautiful, just like you."

His little love giggled, the vibrations running through and feeling them run right into Joshua's senses; he slowly began to grin.

"You're silly, Jishwa." Tyler playfully whined.

"I'm a truthful man." Joshua giggled.

"Boy!" Momma Dun intervened, giving her boy a smiley glint in her eyes, a laugh from the rest of the family.

"Truthful boy." The curly haired boy corrected, heart fluttering when he heard the heavenly tune from his little love.

And it was silent for a bit, a serenity in the vehicle, the soft music of Young the Giant filling ears, and the most delicate hum from Joshua's little love.

"Jishwa?" Only then the hum ceased, eyes attentive as Joshua hummed in response, and his thumb still soothingly rubbing into Tyler's soft skin.

"D'you think the costumes will be scary?"

"Like, Mickey Mouse?" Joshua picked up his head, looking to the suddenly worried boy before him.

"Like Mickey Mouse." Tyler said with a shake in his voice.

"They're not scary, Ty-Ty, don't worry." The curly haired brunet tightened his grip on Tyler, to assure his little love, and as he stared at the beautiful honey eyes, he spoke with a voice that picked up the speed in Tyler's chest.

"I'll protect you, Ty-Ty."

Tyler smiled delicately, tightening his own grip on Joshua's hand, and nodding to the words that were spoken.

"I love you with all my heart, Jishwa."

And Joshua returned that smile, lovingly and adoringly as he did. "I love you too, Ty-Ty, with all my heart."

The apparent smiles on their parents faces, and the quiet giggles were done with hidden gestures.

There were angels in the back of the van, in their own world, and happiness pervaded their very fingertips. The gentleness of one, and the adoration of the other. Sweet and kind, and beautifully there.

Pulchritudinous.

🌿🌻🌿