t w e l v e

🌿🌻🌿

「7/6歳 continued」3/6

Joshua had woken up early in the morning feeling something wet and warm covering his lower half, and he knew it wasn't him, because the wetness wasn't seeping through his front.

He gasped, unzipping the sleeping back and pulling it open, getting a groan from his younger best friend.

"J-Jishwa?" Tyler softly said, but was quickly aware of the wetness around them, widening his eyes as the smell pierced their nose in a distasteful way. "Oh no, oh no, oh no, m'so sorry, Jishwa!"

And the tears started as fast as he quickly got up, and Joshua just tugged his small wrist with a concern expression, shaking his head. "It's fine, Ty-Ty, you're okay. It was just a mistake."

Tyler's tears were rushing vastly down his face, his trembling bottom lip between his teeth as he looked down to the wet spot under Joshua. "M'sorry, m'so sorry."

The mumbling caused Joshua to stand up, pulling his bottoms down and opening the tent to fling them outside, he looked to his sobbing little love and sighed.

"Ty-Ty," Joshua started, wiping his thumbs against Tyler's stray tears. "It's not your fault, you're not in trouble, so don't worry. I just need you to take off your bottoms so we can get cleaned up, okay? We also need to take this sleeping bag outside and clean it as well."

Tyler went to open his mouth, but nodded nonetheless, letting out a shaky breath as he slowly pulled down his soaking pants, handing them to Joshua before going to reach for his bag.

"Just bring a towel to cover yourself with when we head to the bathroom, we'll clean our clothes there, okay, Ty-Ty? Lemme call mom."

Joshua peaked out, relieved to see their parents up and making breakfast. "Mommy!"

"Yes, baby?" She yelled back, turning her attention to the worried boy.

"C'mere, we need help!"

Joshua's mother widened her eyes and stopped what she was doing, getting attention from Tyler's mother as well. They both made their way over to their sons, and Joshua gave them a small smile before unzipping it all the way.

"Ty-Ty had an accident, but I promise it wasn't his fault, do you think you could clean my sleeping bag?" Joshua rushed, getting sympathetic eyes from there mothers as Tyler looked down to his feet, tears still threatening to fall.

"Sure, honey buns." She looked Tyler's mother giving her a knowing look, and she smiled, scooting past Joshua to kneel down to her son's height.

"Why don't you give me your bag, okay? And then head with Tyler and his mother to the bathroom, yeah?" Joshua's mother smiled gentle, running her hand through his curls as he nodded.

Joshua eyed his best friend, seeing his mother whisper gentle words to her son, wiping his tears with soft hands, and smiled reassuringly as Tyler eyed him, his cheeks red.

The curly brunet handed the soggy bag over, getting a hum from his mother and she was gone the second she had it in her hands.

"Alright, let me take you boys to go get cleaned up, okay?" Tyler's mother delicately said.

And they wrapped towels around their waist, following their mother as she grabbed their cleans clothes and soap supplies to the unisex restrooms, which luckily had a family shower.

They held hands the whole time as it was Joshua's turn to sweetly calm the boy with soft whispers.

💫

After the incident, and calming down Tyler again in the shower as his mother desperately tried to clean their clothes, Tyler and Joshua got their hiking gear on, both putting on shorts and matching blue shirts. Joshua was about to put his 'always hungry' baseball cap on when he turned to Tyler, giving him a huge grin.

Tyler looked at him confused as he was putting sunscreen on, but was quickly surprised when his curly haired best friend tugged the cap on his head.

"You look s'cute with my hat on, Ty-Ty!"

Tyler giggled, finishing up his sunscreen and setting his small hands on the white cap, to place it more neatly on his head. "T'ank you, Jishwa, but, don' you wanna wear it?"

"Not if you look cute wearin' it." Joshua stared softly, his face a little blank as they stared at one another innocently.

And Tyler blinked, his mouth a little agape, and then suddenly adorned with a giggle forming out of his pink plump lips. "'Kay, Jishwa."

Joshua grinned again, suddenly looking for there shoes, their hiking shoes and getting them out of the plastic bag. "Sit down, Ty-Ty."

The cherry cheek brunet did, softly on his bum as he crossed his small legs. Joshua was soon in front of him, grabbing his small ankle to slip on his small black vans, one foot at a time as Tyler silently watched him tie the laces with tight bunny ears.

"There, all done!" Joshua giggled patting Tyler's head, making the cherry cheek brunet smile heavenly. "Make sure to always hold my hand and not stray from me, Ty-Ty."

"'Kay, 'Kay, Jishwa."

And they connected hands, twining slowly as Joshua led them outside their tent and towards their parents who were setting up their gear and waters.

"Ready, boys?" Joshua's father called out, giving them a grin as he snapped his fanny pack on.

"Yes, papa!" Joshua called back, gripping Tyler's hand tighter and pulling him along to his family.

"Okay, you boys stay close, and make sure to always stay on the trail, got it?" Tyler's mother got down to their level, fixing her boys shirt and licking her thumb to catch some of Tyler's stray hairs on the side.

"Ew, mommy!" Tyler squealed, quickly hiding into Joshua's shoulder as the older boy gave a loud giggle.

And the family was off, heading for the nearest trail around and eyes curious for everything that passed by.

The trail wasn't anything by means small in width, it was pretty big and the parents had enough room to stand in a line while their boys were in front of them, shouting at every tree and every bush they saw.

Tyler happily squeaked when he saw some pretty pink flowers and had wanted to pick them. Joshua of course picked them for Tyler because he didn't want Tyler to get his hands dirty, slowly putting them under his hat to poke out, and also so they couldn't fall, all with a bashful expression.

"Beautiful."

And the soft, caressed by a giggle at the end, almost like honey suckle to Joshua.

"T'ank you, Jishwa."

🌿🌻🌿