t h i r t y t w o

🌿🌻🌿

「11歳」

It was Tyler's birthday today, and Joshua was absolutely overjoyed to spend the whole day with his little love. The soft, delicate whispers of reassurance, and his upmost affection towards the cherry cheek boy clouded his mind. And as he stared at himself in the mirror of his closet door, tightened the already tightened bow-tie, he gulped, running a sweaty hand through his chocolate curls, and letting out a rigid breath.

The Joseph's were holding a formal dinner for their lovable angel, instead of actually going somewhere, per Tyler's request quite surprisingly, and him, boldly stating that he just wanted to be around family for the day. All redden cheeks and misty eyes as he clung onto Joshua like he was his lifeline, and in a sense, he was, or well, is.

It was a very cold day that day.

Though, as Joshua stared himself in the face, he desperately tried to coax his mind to serenity. Pressuring words of encouragement, and imagining Tyler's face when he finally see's his present. Oh, did Joshua spend time to find it too, and the chill of excitement and anxiety running through his bones proved that he made what he bought, personal.

It was the soft crackling that got his attention, a delicate humming voice like honey pouring slowly into hot tea on a Saturday morning, while the smell of lavender would fill his nose. The angelic being on the end of the frequency, and a giggle to adorn the fellow whispers.

"Jishwa, aren't you coming over, silly? Over."

Joshua was quick, speeding over with hesitant hands as he gripped the contraption tightly, and voice above octave then normal. "I am!" He shouted a bit too loud, and a bit too rushed, clearing his throat to banish any tingles. "I-I'm- I'm just waiting for mommy and daddy to finish getting ready. Over."

Well, it wasn't a complete lie. His parent's loved to dress to impress.

"Well, hurry! I miss you, sunshine! Over."

The anxiety that felt like electricity running through his bones, suddenly released, and he was left with nothing but the welcoming warmth. Tyler's soothing enthusiasm, whenever he talked to his love always felt so safe for Joshua. His little love always had a way to calm him down with the simplest of words, and the simplest of touches.

Joshua absolutely adored Tyler.

His smile proving the fact further, and his mind beginning to grow mushy, the soft thud of his chest as he leaned against his bed for stability. "I miss you too, daisy, can't wait to see you."

"Then, come over, sunshine!" The giggle rang out before he could say the ritual ending to each say, resonating heavenly in Joshua's ears like the melting gold it was, and his smile physically hurt his cheeks, the joy in his chest blooming. "Over."

There it was.

"I'll be over as soon as I can, Ty-Ty, promise." Joshua's giggle rang out much like Tyler's, taking a moment to pause and take a breath, because Tyler will definitely be the death of him one day from the cuteness his little love liked to pull. "Over."

"Joshua! Are you ready?! We've been waiting down here for ten whole minutes, love!" He heard his mother shout, and with a exhale of relief, he yelled to his mother in the same, happy tone.