t w e n t y o n e

🌿🌻🌿

「8歳」

The various green surrounded the backs of their bodies, feathering their soft skin like how the wind overwhelmed it, not too rough to caress the goose-bumps that rose upon pale and tan flesh. Amongst the pure, blue sky and the white cotton candy that dance across the vast above, their giggles harmonized beautifully in the air around them.

Their dreamy state was in mind, fresh as they carried on their conversations about the new year and what they wanted to do when it arrived, which was literally twelve hours away. So, two happy boy's tongues moved wildly against the currents of ambitions, and experiences that they wanted to have, or strived for.

Serene.

And Tyler, his endearing cherry cheeks that caused this gorgeous squint in his eyes, that was so heavenly for Joshua, along with his enthusiastic reassurance with what the curly hair boy wanted. It made his heart have that aching feeling that he always ended up having.

It hurt, but he didn't mind it if it came from his little love.

"Jishwa! Jishwa!" Tyler's tone was swelled with excitement, happiness overflowing, and the older boy couldn't turn his crinkling eyes away as he stared at his little love.

His little love's laugh echoed in his small ears, and Joshua scooted closer, pressuring his forehead to the cherry cheek boy. "Our mama's are letting us drink apple juice from a wine cuppy-thingy, and play adults!"

Joshua grinned, kissing Tyler's nose and making him squint his eyes oh-so-heavenly again. "I get to be your husband then."

The cherry cheek brunet gasped, small hands flying to his mouth as he began to giggle innocently again. "Like how we're gonna be when we get older?!"

"Exactly how we're gonna be when we get older, Ty-Ty." Joshua grinned, eyes bright as pulled his little love even closer.

"I can't wait." Tyler's smile was soft as he pushed his heavily tinted cherry cheeks against Joshua's small chest, patting it gently before innocently tracing circles against the light blue of his shirt, getting a small chuckle from the curly brunet.

The light tunes of the radio was gentle in the background, birds chirping, and the sounds of wind chimes causing a crescendo of abate harmonization. Delicate humming vibrated up Joshua's chest as he ran his small fingers through Tyler's chocolate curls. Chatter that was discrete, echoed from the kitchen, and gullible laughs that engulfed their state. The smell of barbecue filled their senses, and right when things got too quiet, their father's escaped the joyful laughs of their mothers to flip the meat.

"Getting enough sun there, boys?!" Joshua's father screamed, a laugh finishing off his question as he pushed his hands to his forehead to block out the sun that irritated his eyes.

"Yes, papa!" Joshua curled his head back, meeting eyes with his father, and he grinned as Tyler did the same.

"Make sure Tyler doesn't get too much, his skin is very sensitive!"

His little love pouted, burying his face into the sweet coconut smell of Joshua's clothes.

"M'fine!" But it was muffled by the fabric, which made the curly brunet giggle, rumbling through his chest like electric.