f o u r

🌿🌻🌿

「5歳」

"Ty-Ty, are you awake?"

Today was a special day, because today was Tyler Joseph's birthday, his best friend in the whole wide universe. Joshua remembered because it was the first day of Decemeber, which is the month that he was able to get Tyler two gifts, since it included Christmas.

But the curly brunet was absolutely smitten, a beautiful grin adorning his small face, holding the big, boxed present in his arms, staring at the cherry cheeked boy from his bedroom door, and giggling when the boy sat up from his white big blankets, yawning.

"Jishwa?" Tyler said tiredly.

"Ty-Ty." Joshua said, quickly making his way and setting the present on the edge of the bed before climbing up on the soft sheets. "Mornin'."

"What're you doin' 'ere so early?" There was a sleepy smile on Tyler's face as he laid back down, Joshua joining him, cuddling his face into the fluff of sweet smelling honey shampoo. The delicate fawning of Tyler's warm breath hit Joshua's soft skin, causing a shiver, rattling his bones as he ran his small hand through Tyler's mocha colored hair.

"Wan'ed to be the first person to say happy bir'hday to you."

Tyler giggled, a cute, timid, squeaking giggle and Joshua's heart fluttered at the soft noise. The curly brunet pressured his forehead against Tyler's, their cheeks red as a tomato and noses rubbing slowly together.

"Happy bir'hday, Ty-Ty."

Joshua made sure to wrap his arms extra tight around Tyler before they fell asleep. The morning light seeping in, tanning their skin slightly so heavenly and cratering to their soft features.

The present was long forgotten, that is, until the two woke up and those cherry cheeks grew brighter, and Joshua's heart grew heavier.

💫

Their mothers and fathers eyed the two from the couches, grinning at their boys who looked so happily in the sunlight, feathering their skin so softly.

"Jus' open it, Ty-Ty!" Joshua said excitedly, bouncing on knees as the cherry cheeked boy before him giggled.

Tyler's small hands were quick, ripping off the holographic wrapping to reveal a box with a picture of two walkie-talkies. The younger gasped, eyes wide with elation and he snapped his gaze to Joshua's.

"Jishwa!" Tyler yelled, the loudest he's ever been, gaining a few giggles from their parents and settling the box down carefully before crawling towards his best friend, hugging him in a tight embrace. "T'ank you, Jishwa!"

"You sai' you get lonely at nigh', so my daddy and I bought these wa... walkie-talkies!" Joshua wrapped his small arms around his younger friend, stuffing his face in his honey-smelling hair and smiled big as the pulled away. "Daddy says they're the greatest, so now, we can talk when m'not there!"

Tears were pooling at Tyler's water line, threading to fall and Joshua's expression faltered, pulling his sleeve over his thumb to wipe at the free falling streaks of tears, making Tyler giggle.

"Don' cry, Ty-Ty."

"M'jus' s'happy."

Their parents awed, but the two brunet's were in their own world, and Joshua, oh that sweet heavenly boy, pulled Tyler into another sweet embrace, kissing Tyler's forehead, to only feel the boy giggle breathless squeaks of Joshua's nickname.

"Happy fif'h bir'hday, Ty-Ty."

🌿🌻🌿