t h i r t y t h r e e

🌿🌻🌿

「11歳 continued」

It wasn't a surprise to Joshua that River went to their school.

It was the only Elementary around their neighborhood, and it only meant for the curly brunet instincts to protect his little love go haywire. Not only did he have the threat of the never ending butt face Brendon, but now he had to deal with whole new butt face.

Yeah, Brendon was still around, and thriving.

Tyler, though, Tyler was quite oblivious to many things. It wasn't bad that he was, but Joshua would always feel this tingle of jealously every time Tyler would talk with River or Brendon, who has calmed down as they've grown older, but was still a meanie to Joshua, and vice-versa.

Today was quite the opposite.

The cherry cheek boy seemed reserved to himself, not talking and only humming in attentiveness when Joshua would whisper to him. He didn't mind the conversations River would pull, and he wouldn't even giggle at the silly face Brendon would make at him.

No matter how much Joshua despised Brendon for making his little love giggle, it wasn't normal for Tyler not to and that worried him.

Just a quiet little angel, heading resting upon Joshua's shoulder as their teacher talked endlessly about teacher things. Dazing in and out, and Joshua found his heart to accelerate.

"Are you okay, daisy?" Joshua whispered.

Tyler hummed, turning his face a bit to rub his eyes in the soft fabric of Joshua's shirt. "M'fine, Jishwa. Just tired."

"Did you sleep alright last night?" The curly brunet pressured, brows furrowed as he desperately wanted to know what was wrong with his little love.

Tyler shut his mouth tightly, biting his bottom lip and crushing the skin. The cherry cheek boy's hands seemed to tingle, and suddenly he was bursting out into tears, catching attention from his fellow students, and Joshua himself. The sob racked his small body, rattling them with complete worry for his little love, and with instinct, Joshua wrapped his arms around Tyler tightly.

"I'm here, daisy, m'right here."

Mrs. Evergreen looked upon the boys, gasping with surprise as she covered her mouth in worriment. "Oh, dear, what's wrong?"

Joshua looked up, tears gathering in his own eyes as he could feel the confused stares from all the other innocent eyes around the room. "C-Can we be excused to nurses office, ma'am?"

"Of course, sweetie, go right ahead, please."

Within seconds, Joshua had Tyler over his back, lifting him up by his thighs and holding him tightly. They left with the same burning stare, but the older brunet pushed it away, exiting the class room, and entering the empty hallways that echoed Joshua's footsteps.

"I-I can walk, J-Jishwa." Tyler sobbed, burying his face into Joshua's warm neck as his arms instantly tightened around his love's neck.

Words contradicting.

"Not when you're like this, daisy." Joshua assured, continuing to walk, and not letting Tyler slip away from his grasps. "And we're almost there, so, there's no need to worry about me."