t w e n t y e i g h t

🌿🌻🌿

「10歳」

It was the squirming within Joshua's arms that caught his heightened sensitivity, plunging the curly brunet back into reality as if it were a wave swallowing him whole, and dreams a misty fog within his mind. Their was a struggling, delicate noise emitted from pink, plump lips, and Joshua grinned from it, tightening his arms around his little love.

A whine.

"Jishwa." Tyler squirmed again only to be snuggled farther into Joshua's neck, the warmth overwhelming his small body, and a gentle giggle from the older boy. "Jishwa, m'want water."

"Then, get water." Joshua teased, making the younger boy gasp.

"Jishwa!" He giggled. "You gotta move your arms, silly."

Joshua pretended to try to pry his arms away from the cherry cheek boy, but he sighed relentlessly. "My arms suddenly don't know how to work, Ty-Ty."

"But, my throat his dry." Tyler peaked up, eyeing his love before smiling and pecking a small kiss under Joshua's jaw. "I promise I'll be quick."

Joshua thought for a moment, pouting as he closed his eyes, and hummed lowly in his throat. "As long as I get to go with you, to protect you from the boogeyman."

"Jishwa!" His little love squeaked. "You're not supposed to say his name!"

"What? The boogeyman? Mama said he only goes after children who suck their thumb, or do bad things like throw tantrums." Joshua grinned, teasing as he pressured his forehead to a worried Tyler, frown creasing when the boy started to whine against him.

"J-Jishwa, don't say that, pl-please." It was the tremble in Tyler's voice that got him, widening his eyes in horror of what he just did. "I-I'm scared."

He desperately tried to backtrack his words.

"I'm sorry, Ty-Ty, I'm so sorry." Joshua ran a hand through the tuffs of mocha, grasping lightly as Tyler shook in his arms. "I'm sorry, it's not real, I promise it isn't real."

Sniffling.

The dainty hands that enveloped under his eyes to wipe away the stray tears that fell with a threat.

Joshua's chest felt tight.

"I'm sorry, Ty-Ty, please, don't cry." His own hands found the warmth of Tyler's cheeks as the dainty hands moved, and their eyes met. "Don't cry, Ty-Ty."

"S'f-fine, Jishwa."

He could see the fright in those dark, doe-eyes.

Joshua really messed up, and he knew that when the boy could just hear that tremble in his voice. His thumbs swiped under Tyler's eyes, and he place a gentle kiss on his little love's forehead, feeling the shaky sigh against his warm skin.

"Do you still want water?" The curly brunet asked, concern written in his tone, and the cherry cheek boy shook his head, pressuring his dewy face into Joshua's neck.

"D-Don't wanna leave the bed anymore."

"Then, I'll get you water, okay?"